The Zesty Cube!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by zesty, Oct 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Well, if you're interested in the Apex, I'll have to have you over and I'll walk you thru everything that I have setup! Plus, I've only touched the tip of the iceberg on it. However, to be able to grab my phone, press one button and I'm ready to start my water change. Yeah, that's nice!

Haha! I have my hands full with other 3D models! :D
    I saw the skimmer, nice upgrade! That is going to be a great skimmer for your setup.
    Yup, as soon as I get a few things done, I'm going to setup a date and try and get a crew together. I will let you know, for sure! Thanks man!

You would be my only choice for the "beverage manager" :cool:

I wanted to get some plumbing setup before I cubegrade, (as much as possible) at least. I'm thinking the more I do now, that involves ordering, cutting, fitting, gluing, curing etc before tank day, the better.
    At least that's my plan...

I was thinking on taking a vacation day on the weekend I plan on doing this. good minds think alike!

I haven't done anything to the base. I have had a few people look at it and the majority agrees that it's ok. It's not a 2x4 stand that is pretty standard for DIY stands. However, comparing it to the stand marineland sells, this one will be more than fine.
    With that in mind, I'm still going to seal up any stray wood showing. And go from there...

2. Click Here!

3. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

3-14-15... It's happening, whether I like it or not... :eek:

Here's a picture of some of my plumbing. Oh boy, I have some laying out to do.
    [​IMG]

4. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Looks like you have your coffee next to you to keep you up while you lay it out.

zesty likes this.
  5. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

You can you buy the Xaqua overflow? That looks really clean and low profile?

6. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

coffee and beer! so good, why not put them together!

You can, these came installed when I bought the tank. The guy who sold it got them from the LFS and they have some on some tanks there. I do like the low profile part of it. I am a bit nervous on the noise, although internet reports have stated they aren't that loud... we'll see...

They are also meant to be used with flex tubing and I'm going to use a barb to slip fitting right away to get away from barb fittings on the drain. Is it a good idea? I have no idea, it sounds good in my head... :confused:

7. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Some extension tubes came in. I had to try them out, out of 33 pictures, I am happiest with these four. haha

[​IMG]

I've never been able to get a good pic of my sps rack!
    [​IMG]

I love the growth on this guy. I got the frag with only the middle spire, the outside has grown up. Reminds me of spikes!
    [​IMG]

Hard to get a picture of anything in the back seats. Above, there is a yellow porities frag behind the spiked frag. Below, is the setosa, but only the top of it. haha!

[​IMG]

and soon these will be off the frag racks!

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Hey Zesty those are sweat corals. The Acropora above the Setosa, do you have a name? All showing nice PE and color.

zesty likes this.
  10. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Thank you. I don't know the name, however, I bet I could find it for you. Or at least I'll try!

11. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I'll guess tricolor A. valida.

12. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Might be something to look at in several years when I upgrade.

You're right anout the combo. One gets he through the day, one helps me relax after the day.

zesty likes this.