The Zesty Cube!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by zesty, Oct 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

wow zesty - just saw this post that you got the cube! yay!! I am so sorry that I can't help on the carpentry - no clue on that basically - the only comment I have is that it looked like it's built for the cube to sit down in it which is obviously not the look you're going for. I'm sure you'll get help from many on here with awesome DIY skills!

zesty likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Haha! That's a good idea, I'll design a system to raise and lower the tank from inside the stand! That I could actually design and get built in this shop here... however, paying for it would be where they probably wouldn't like the idea as much. haha!

Thanks for the laugh, I liked it!

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

now, rising up out of the stand, that would be very cool hahahaha!

5. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Tore apart my wiring so I could (try) and organize it. I'm still waiting on some panduit, but this is better than what it was before... (even if just by a little)

Also added a feed mode control to my apex. So, of course I had to use it... I love my attention span cause 15 minutes later when the return pump turned back on, I jumped outta my seat to see what was wrong. :eek: Nothing, just the return pump turning back on. haha :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Before...
    [​IMG]

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Lesson #1, do not take cord organization lessons from Alex. :p I shant scuff mine does not look much better.

Man you got a lot going on there. What are the green labels for?

zesty likes this.
  7. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Just a few wires, eh?
    Turns out, I have 16 cords plugged in, 15 of them are here. 1 little lonely pw is still plugged in out front and then they will all be plugged into the Apex. muhaha

The green labels is painters tape so I could mark which cord came from which outlet. So I could either change the outlet or put them back where they originally came from. Then it's not so much a surprise when I turn everything back on.

I know this layout will change, but the wires were just getting to me. I'm still not happy, but it's a lot better!

and all in all, it's a LOT better than this setup... (It got worse before it got better) haha
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Heck mine is bad and I got about 10 cords, it's on my to do list for tomorrow, thanks for the motivation. :rolleyes:

zesty likes this.
  10. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Hey, I'm not responsible for people doing more work! haha!

I guess I have 15 total plugs, looking at my sketch shows 2 open plugs. Although, I guess I shouldn't get too carried away in plugs. I'm going to be reducing some pumps in the future, so less plugs...

However, having a cheat sheet like this is wicked helpful
    [​IMG]

mdbostwick and Corailline like this.
  11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Seeing first hand what you can do on a computer Matt,
    I'm almost disappointed that this is not in the CAD mode stuff!
    He He, just kidding. I don't even have anything like this on paper, or other.

What ever you end up going with, you know I really want to help,
    I could be captain of the beverage crew, you know, so no one gets dehydrated doing all that fun work.

You also actually got me thinking about an Apex now...
    I did upgrade my skimmer finally

zesty likes this.
  12. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Oh I so have to get mine organized and buy another energy bar. Wife has asked multiple times when I am going to clean up the wiring.. I know the "how many times do I have to ask" is coming soon ha ha. As a computer engineer you would think I would have already straightened that out.

You need to take a vacation and get this beast up and running.

You change anything on the base?