The Zesty Cube!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by zesty, Oct 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

This guy is still growing!

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Awesome stuff Matt! This upgrade has went so well for you, nice work.

zesty likes this.
  4. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

Beautiful tank! Cubes are by far my favorite kind of tank...

zesty likes this.
  5. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Thank you, sir! I can only hope it keeps going the way it does, on certain topics... nudis... those can go! haha!

I agree, I have some tweaking in mind with the scape. However, I'm going to let the tank settle as-is for a while. My frag racks are getting full again, good problem!, but I need to start placing corals. I'm letting these sps turn into little mini colonies and I won't ever take em off of there. So, I say I am going to let my tank settle... I think that just means, I'm tired and not doing anything to it, tonight. hahaha!

But so far, it's been a fun shape to work with for sure! I'm so glad I went for it.

6. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Hello, my name is Matt, you can call me Zesty, Zest, hey you, or over there. This is not my first time here, I am back after a good run. I was resistant to any new coral, then.... then.... my buddy called me up and wanted to just stop by one place... Then, I don't know, we were crossing state lines, contacting zoo professionals in 3 neighboring states.
    Um, actually I just have a coral addiction. I was almost ready to take down a frag rack after I threw out most my montis. Now there's acros in the way! :D
    I went on a road trip, took some pictures, then the baggies came out and it was like hotcakes on a cold day....

[​IMG]

I really want to place some of these down there. However, I do want to avoid too much commotion in the tank. I will happen when I am least expecting it or when I have to leave in 5 minutes. Oh hey, look glue.... Boy does that frag plug stand out from the side!

my poor poor starburst monti. Being eaten from the inside out :(

Corailline likes this.
  7. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

well, they all can't be good. I woke up Friday morning to kick off my 3 day weekend to my copperband in the corner pinned down by a crab. :(

I had watched him devour anything that was on my rocks, feathers, sponges, etc, he was always picking. Just earlier in the week I made the trip to buy some live blackworms. I was thinking, this dude will love em! When I didn't' see him eat them, I went, that's odd... He just kept picking at the rocks and I thought, well... nothing looks wrong with him, not noticeable skinny, had a "gut" to him.

I guess some are not meant to be.

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

^ you missed your calling, I swear. You sure tell a good story.

Sorry to hear about your Fish issues!

RoloSaez and zesty like this.
  10. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Haha! I have "matt stories" that usually happen when having some beverages and my stories go around and back and thru and then when you're not expecting it, I talk about the second detail in the beginning. Then ten minutes later, I'll think of something else and just start up again. It's funny and I'm used to it, but I'll never not tell a "matt story" I'll ask my buddy when the "matt stories" term was coined, but it was over 10 years ago.

It's ok (as ok as it can be) I am going to hang loose with the fish I have now and see what happens next. I knew it was a risk and now I have that experience, not sure what I'll do with it, but I have it.

RoloSaez likes this.
  11. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

looking good.

zesty likes this.
  12. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Thanks!!
    The one thing adding the tangs did was make sure all the other fish swim all over. Before they all hung out in their "corners" and now they still hang out in certain areas, but they move around and are using more of the rock and different areas of the tank. It's a much more active tank now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]