The Zero Edge Aquarium

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 6, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I thought Vamps girlfriend 'Eviltinkerbell" wanted one i wonder if they got one?

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Nope....it's completely clear.

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Where would you end up putting the lights?? Hang them from the ceiling or maybe a spot light?

5. tooconceited

tooconceited Spaghetti Worm

the one on craigs was 40 gallon i think but had like a 20g sump. It's gone now though. $400 must have been too good to stay for sale. The water flowed over all 4 walls and into a basin. He had a 250W MH hanging from the ceiling in the pics. It looked like you could see pretty clear even with the water running over the edges. he said it was clear to look at and it was glass.

6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I would just worry about the kids getting blinded by the light when they look at it. Got some curtain climbers in the house. After I glance at my lights I see dot every where I could imagine what a MH would do.

7. zeroedge

zeroedge Plankton

Hi,
    I was doing a search on zeroedge and found this forum and thread and thought I would answer some of your questions. ZeroEdge has a website ZeroEdge Aquarium Corp. where you can see the different aquariums which we make and sell.

Ok first question:
    We developed what we call the ZeroEdge Lamp Tree. it's a free standing unit which eliminates having to hang lights from the ceiling or the wall. The footpad rests on the floor, taking the weight off the aquarium stand or cabinet. The flat mounting plate attaches to the back of all most cabinet stands. The Lamp Tree can hold a hood from 12" to 48". It's height can be adjusted from 33" to 60".

It's crystal clear. At shows there are many people that stick their hand in the tank, thinking that it has a glass top. You can view your tank, from either the top or the side, the flowing water is pretty much invisible.

Actually the tank is super quiet. The first models from approx 4 years ago where noisy, but we have worked out all the kinks. It is an awesome tank. I would encourage everyone to visit the site and watch the movie we have hosted there. it's also hosted at YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. as well as www.myspace.com/zeroedgeaquarium

This was one of the first aquariums built, the current model has been greatly improved.

When you view the site, the prices you see include, tank, stand and sump, pretty much all inclusive. If there are more questions please feel free to ask away.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I have seen similar tanks like these, they are awsome! Really cool...but you need to be creative with plumbing in order for it to look sleek.

10. zeroedge

zeroedge Plankton

Pricing includes tank, sump and stand as well as all plumbing parts required. So no need to be creative..we already did that!

11. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 Coral Banded Shrimp

Wow I saw them and they look cool, My LFS has like 3 You dont hear the water over the edge, it is completely silent! You can NOT see any plumbing what so ever!!! GREAT TANK!! Here are some pics... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 Coral Banded Shrimp

I actually think that some are acrylic. ???