The WP40 Thread (Short Vid Posted)

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Daniel072, Mar 31, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Thanks D.
    1.I have heard the u bracket is kinda flimsy.(can you confirm this?)
    2.Cool.
    3.If you take a better pic of them and PM them to Steve Wright I am sure he can get it translated for you.lol
    4.Good.
    5.Fantastic.
    6.I have also heard it needs to "break in".
    7.Fabulous.
    8.And that is a question only Father time can answer.lol
    I am interested in seeing what the impeller assembly looks like.Can you take a better pic of the instructions?TIA;)
    Thanks for the review please keep us updated.:)

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I didn't hear any sound....so seems pretty quiet to me :) congrats on the new purchase Daniel! Do keep us updated as you progress and have it running for a bit.

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Hey bud.... As far as the bracket goes, yeah I think it might be a bit flimsy but the pump really doesn't flex that much on it if that makes sense. So yeah, it's not the greatest in the world but the way it's made gives you a ton of options as far as direction goes. I'm happy with it.

5. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Here you go Vinny!

[​IMG]

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Thank you. I will keep this thread up to date as I hope others do. If this pump stays alive, it was a very great buy and a KILLER value. I think it works just as well as a 350+ dollar Tunze.

7. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Thanks for all the good info Daniel. I plan to get this pump soon so I will be fallowing this thread to see how everything goes. Good unboxing review. Congrats.

8. Click Here!

9. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Thanks! Please do follow and when you get yours, post here. Also, if you come across any questions that I may be able answer, please feel free to PM me or let me know. I'm not a good writer at all so I'm sure there's a ton of things I've left out.

10. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

OK so running this pump, I am running it from the back corner of my tank pointed toward the opposite corner on the other end, if that makes sense. I'm running it on W1 at about 50% on the knob. I'm getting polyp extension from corals that I haven't gotten it from in a long time and it seems to keep the detritus suspended pretty danged good. I think I have found my setting. With this being said, I wonder if I can just turn the pump up to 100% and run it off of my reefkeeper under the "advanced pump" setting where I can create my own flow profile. I just can't leave things alone.

11. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

It does make sense where you have it. That's great that your getting good PE. I'm not sure if you can run that off your reef keeper. I know what you mean about leaving things alone. Almost everyday I think I'm doing something or another, making it better IMO.

12. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

You are probably right but there has to be a way.