The WP40 Thread (Short Vid Posted)

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Daniel072, Mar 31, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

2. Click Here!

3. delreefer

delreefer Astrea Snail

got one last thursday from fish-strret. it took 7 days to go from hong kong to delaware. not bad, the pump does push alot of water, i was able to take out 3 jbl oceanstreams i had in my 36x18x20 tank.in the beginning it will hum or buzz in a low tone for a day or so, now it is quiet.the only drawback experience so far has been the night sensor, it has stopped working.now i just switch the pump into low mode before i go to bed. i had bought a variable voltage regulator,but have found that i do not need it,the wave modes work for me.

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Mine should be here today. I bought off of ebay and shipped from Florida. If anyone wants the linke, just PM me and I'll give it to you. Personally, I'm not sweating the night mode. I will use my ReefKeeper to completely turn it off at night. I run my Fuge light all night with plenty of chaeto and a big skimmer so I'm not really worried about oxygen in the water. I will also be running a koralia 3 at night must to make sure there is a little movement. I'm like a kid on christmas eve right now, except.......I KNOW WHAT THE PRESENT IS!. LOL

5. Sacohen

Sacohen Bristle Worm

I got one from Fish-Street too and saw that guy on the other forum who bought 40 of them.

I have mine in a 55 gallon tank and it is too much, I'm waiting on a voltage controller for it.

It works great. I can't really compare it to a Tunze or Vortech because I have never used them.

I just have to say I hope you have no issues with it.
    If the guy selling them on Ebay is the same guy as on the other forum then he bought them from Fish-Street.com.

I have to give to first hand experience customer support with Fish Street is not that great I even went to Jebao directly and didn't get much help from them.

I was even told by Jebao that they did not sell the pumps to Fish-Street.com.
    So you are now dealing with at least 3rd or 4th party seller.

Someone bought them from Jebao, they turned around and sold them to Fish-Street.com who turned around and sold them to your Ebay seller.

I hope you don't need any support on it, but if you do good luck.

I also have to say that there are a batch of the US power cords that are bad or wired wrong.
    I got my pump plugged it in and no power to the controller, after looking further there was no power to the transformer.
    I replaced the supplied power cord with one from a computer and it worked fine.

This was confirmed by both Fish-Street.com and Jebao that there are problems with some power cords. Fish-Street refunded $5 back for the power cord.

Also the night sensor is very sensitive.
    I finally got the night sensor figured out.
    Apparently there needs to be some light.
    If it sees total darkness or even very dim light it will go to normal mode.
    I had to put 1 of my R2 Solutions Extreme LED Moonlight right next to the sensor in order for it to stay in night mode while the lights are actually off.

[​IMG]

Here is a video of mine in a 55 gallon.

WP-40_zpsef82aaec.mp4 Video by sac9665 | Photobucket

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Yep, I'm aware of the reseller thing and the fact that there will be no support. I'm very good with electronics and soldering irons so I'm not all that concerned. If it still doesn't work, I'm not out very much money.

7. Sacohen

Sacohen Bristle Worm

No problem and I really didn't mean that directed to you individually.
    I want everyone who looks at this thread to know that they are not buying from a 1st party re-seller.

If I had known that Fish-Street.com didn't even buy it directly from the manufacturer I may not have purchased it.

8. Click Here!

9. SteelerMike

SteelerMike Feather Duster

I have one in my 125. I have had it in there for about a week. So far I am very impressed. Makes a very nice wave in my 6 ft tank. Up to this point, I have shut off my 4 Koralias that I was running. I may put one back in, but I'm not sure I need to. I can see how it would be too powerful for a smaller tank, it defnitely moves a lot of water! My night sensor does not work well. It actually does the opposite sometimes, switches to night mode when the lights are on and full strength in the dark. Oh well, not that big of a deal for me. Overall seems like a good purchase if it lasts.:2thumbsup

10. Sacohen

Sacohen Bristle Worm

Mike;

I had the exact same issue with my night sensor.
    When my 10K PC went off and the actinics were the only thing on it would kick into night mode, but when the actinics went off and the moonlights came on there wasn't enough light for the sensor and it went back into normal mode. From experimenting and reading other posts I determined that the sensor need some light.
    Some one actually put the controller near one of their power strips and the orange on/off indicator was enough to keep the unit in night mode.

Like I said I moved my moonlight closer to the controller and now it stays in night mode when all the lights are off.

11. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Congrats on the new pump Daniel! Looking forward to a full review on it with a lot of movies :D

12. razataz

razataz Bristle Worm

cant wait for your review also been debating on one for my 5 footer