The WP40 Thread (Short Vid Posted)

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Daniel072, Mar 31, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

*gasp* you go to "that other forum"? do let us know how that works out....they are so expensive, I hope one does the trick for you!

2. Click Here!

3. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

118 for the WP40 is much better to me than 350+ for the Tunzes or 400+ for the vortech. I personally think it's going to be great but may take some tweaking. I like the idea of getting most of my flow from a single pump rather than the 3 koralias I have in my tank right now. I should receive it tomorrow or wednesday. I'll do pics of unboxing and shoot some video with it in the tank.

4. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

You can't beat that price unless you burn through 4 of them.

5. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

That would be the only thing I would worry about. Doesn't seem to be an issue from all the stuff I've been reading, but still worries me a bit.

Might pick one up to compliment my mp10 and see how it compares

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

That would be like comparing apples to oranges as far as flow rate is concerned. These pumps, from what I have seen, are crazy!

7. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

I'm thinking the same thing. I've been wanting to pick up an controller but can't justify the price since I got an mp10 esw & my LEDs already have timers & dimmers built in. I only need controller for probes. So if these work well I'd consider gettin a few & an Apex & selling my mp10.

8. Click Here!

9. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

If it weren't for my dosing pumps, I still wouldn't have a controller. With this being said, I like running 2 heaters on one controller. That way, if one of the heaters dies, the other will pick up slack.

1 person likes this.
  10. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

As stated in Post #1, I just changed the thread title. If anyone has pics, videos or information on the WP40, please post them here. This pump is going to be a huge thing over the next few months so I would like to have a comprehensive place for them here on 3reef. =)

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

good idea Daniel!

12. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I just got another message from the seller. He is on his way to the post office with my pump. I can't wait!