The WP40 Thread (Short Vid Posted)

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Daniel072, Mar 31, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bhazard

bhazard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Mine have been running for about 5 months with no issue.

I now have it running off a Reef Angel, and it makes the pumps that much better. It enables all the Vortech modes.

At regular price, these are a steal. At group buy prices, these are highway robbery for the amount of flow you get (and control with a Reef Angel).

2. Click Here!

3. junior279

junior279 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Do you know of anyone controlling them with a reef keeper?

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

OK, It's been running overnight.

My DT is in my family room, large room, high cathedral ceiling 18ft high.
    NO TV in there.
    HOuse is quiet.
    My DT only has a slight trickle of water noise cause I use a corrugated 1 1/2 inch overflow drain line thru my floor- the same hoses that would attach outside to a sump pumps discharge.

I can definitely hear the whir, hum, etc. of the wp40, and it chnges pitch slightly as it cycles thru the power ramping as it varies it's flow.

I've never had a vortech, or the one it looke like- can't remember it's name now.

I think it will always make this low whir/hum. It seems to be working fine.
    I'll either leave it on high for a constant whir, or get used to the varying one when it's so quiet in here.
    Maybe I'll move a TV in here? Nah

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Referencing my post above #113- now that my TaoTronic LED lights are on, I really don't hear the whir much unless I really listen carefully, due to the cooling fans on the LEDS. 3 fans on each x 2 over my tank- open top canopy- shields the side scatter.

I think I'm going to get used to it just fine, and the fish and reef seem to be loving it.

6. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Hey Todd, what is the placement of your 2 maxi jets?

7. diverdan

Tonight I got home from a long day of work and walked over by the tank and I didn't hear the wp40 (normally a small humming noise in else mode) and though "great!" Felt the magnet and put my ear up to the tank and it just got super silent.
    Super stoked that it quieted down.

If you hear the humming noise, be patient. If its like mine then after a week or so it'll go away.

Still extremely happy with this pump. PE is awesome and the fish are happy as a clam.

8. Click Here!

9. Sacohen

Sacohen Bristle Worm

Mien has been up for about 5 months now too and I have had not problems with it. I currently have it hooked up to a Reef Angel as well and it works great,

I personally don;t know anyone, but I know that it has been done. As a matter of fact Roberto from reef Angel was instrumental in converting his cable to work with a Reef Keeper.

Yeah it does quiet down. I remember a time where I could hear it changing speeds in the Else mode an know I hear nothing.

10. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Mine were supposed to arrive by Saturday through FedEx. Now their awesome tracking just says N/A for estimated delivery :/

Was hoping to get them in the 125 ASAP since it is now filled!

11. diverdan

I thought mine were coming fed ex too and checked all shippers. Came USPS.
    Try USPS, DHL. They might have switched it. Don't know why but worth a look.

12. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

you think 2 of the wp25 would be good for a 75gal? might have to replace my mp10s for the price lol