The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by SwimsWithFish, Nov 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Good way to put it!

2. Click Here!

3. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Major touch on survival of the fittest. Puts a whole new spin on, strength in numbers too. Do smaller groups stand a better chance of surviving then larger groups?

Man i love this show!!

4. tharsis

tharsis Peppermint Shrimp

indeed...but that is what makes it so great. I love zombie movies but an entire series devoted to just killing zombies would get old pretty quickly.

This is really is a story about survival in a post apocalyptic world...the source of the apocalypse is ultimately irrelevant. It just happens that adding in some awesome looking zombies takes it over the top. I have a feeling that the zombie action will definitely be on the rise over the next few episodes though.

5. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

This is SO true. I always have this argument with my roommate who likes the show, but thinks it moves too slowly. I always have to bring up the fact that this isn't some zombie action movie, it looks at the intricacies of human survival and the emotions involved.

I will say that the way they approach the story line of this show is perfect because it ensures that they have the ability to go long term. So many others, write a single season that is terrific, then repeat the same thing for every season there after.

A great example of this is 24. Terrific first season, but the next ones follow the same track- terrorist threat, backstabbing, jack gets captured/ tortured/ someone he knows is in danger, he solves the problem just in time, season over.

They start off too quickly then have nothing to build up to. Walking Dead is the complete opposite and is better off for it!

6. SwimsWithFish

Best episode of the season yet.

7. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

zombie movies are the ****, ive seen a few of the very first episodes of the walking dead so i cannot fully judge the show, but what i saw was rather slow for my liking. the zombies are fairly stupid looking as well, they obviously look like people trying to act retarded with too much make up on. however like i said i cannot fully judge the show because ive only seen the first few episodes.

8. Click Here!

9. SwimsWithFish

LMFAO. You should tune in. The show isn't as much about the zombies as much as its about how these people survive. Alot I ethics and morals.

10. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

yeah it actually sounds pretty interesting.

11. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

I can't believe THAT just happened tonight

12. tharsis

tharsis Peppermint Shrimp

pretty crazy stuff...poor Dale. That is seriously going to mess Carl up.

Only one zombie this episode but he was a doozy, very different from last weeks zombie hoarde. Interesting that they decided to kill Dale off, will that bring the group together or further lead them towards lawlessness.

loved it.