The VorTech MP10 for Nano Reef Aquariums

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Mine should be here any day now. Found someone on Ebay who had one ready to ship.

2. Click Here!

3. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

Diggin it. Wanna see how the first round of feedback goes before taking the plunge, but this looks like the hot ticket for the office-nano. Would be nice to get the K1 outa the small tank.

4. mikejrice

Ill post what I think when it gets here. Thought it would be here today:( Maybe tomorrow:) Its going on my 36" 30 gallon to give you some reference.

5. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

On my end it would be going in a 10g all-glass converted into a AIO nano...Im predicting some gnarly flow :lol:

6. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

Is there any use putting one of these in a 75 gallon?

7. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

get at least an mp20 for a 75, i have a mp20 on my 90 and its decent, mp40 would be ideal

8. Click Here!

9. mikejrice

My MP10 arrived today. Wow it is worth more than $200! Theres detritus floating around my tank like crazy. I installed it first in the location my K1 used to be in turned it on and cranked it to see what this tiny thing could do. About 12 inches off the sand and about 4 from the surface. Instantly a sand tornado forms from the sand bed and an air tornado forms from the surface. This thing has some serious power. I played with its wave making abilitys getting about 1 inch tall waves on the surface and nice slow swaying from my anemone and polyp corals. It is a little on the loud side when it gets revved up so I decided the constant pulsing was a little much and probably a little less natural than the randomness of reef crest. I now I have it set at about 75% power in reef crest mode. My fish and anemone are loving it, all coral polyps are fully extended and swaying and my water is absolutely filthy from all the storm of detritus.

10. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

What size tank do you have it in?

11. mikejrice

Its a 30 gallon that is 36" long.

12. mikejrice

Oh I want to shine some light for any who dont know about the night mode. Night mode is a programable mode. When you enter night mode it will run at 50% of your day mode setting for 10 hours. It is then set to do that every day. I thought it was a one time thing not a timer. This thing just gets better and better.