The Red Sea Max Aquarium

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 6, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Robertsails

Robertsails Plankton

New/used RSM 130D

I made a trade with a guy today for his RSM 130D. Everything works good. Tank itself I only have two issues with. 1 The power heads are blowing loads of bubbles when both are on. I think this is due to not enough water. Is this right? 2 One of the hinge pins was broken Can tehy be replaced?

Sadly the tank has a lot of brownish growth over most of the LR. I have a feeling the nitrates may be off. This is my first salt water set up, so I am just guessing on a lot of things. Any sudjestions from anyone as to how best to go about fixing these smal issues? Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Jm'sRSM

Jm'sRSM Fire Shrimp

ya low water is most likely ur problem. i have the 130, basically the same tank without the skimmer upgrade. if you look in the back of the tank you will see a baffle to the left of the skimmer the water should be an inch above the top of it. the legs can be ordered directly from red sea for like $5 for the pair. oh and make sure ur intake grate isnt clogged.