The Red Sea Max Aquarium

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 6, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ron and Kathy

Ron and Kathy Plankton

In january red sea max is coming out with a new model from a 34 gallon to a 39 gallon basically the same set up but five gallons larger so that will be worth waiting for possibly.

2. Click Here!

3. POSA

POSA Plankton

Hi all, I'm new here and just need help and advice!

Firstly theres no 39 gallon tank for rsm had it confirmed yesterday from someone called Pinky in the states.

Secondly, I'm new to this hobby (which I haven't started yet but hope to in the next few months) I'm looking at this tank so just need to know everyones views and advice for beginers. ie is the tank reliable, any faults experienced, any recommendations.

Thirdly, can someone point me in the right direction on readable material.

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

4. broadwayblue

broadwayblue Plankton

Hey guys...just saw the RSM in a retail store this afternoon and got to thinking about getting my first saltwater tank. The RSM looked very nice indeed. Now I'm sure it's possible to put together a complete system for less (complete RSM w/stand and starter kit appears to be $750 online) but I was intrigued by it's apparent simplicity. Would this be a good setup for a first time saltwater hobbyist?

Also, why do they call it a 34 gallon tank when it's only 29 gallons? I know they are counting the space for filtration and other gear...but it still seems like false advertising to me. Not that big of a deal, but still seems fishy to me. ;)

5. Jokko453

Jokko453 Plankton

With about 50 pounds of live rock I was still able to put about 30 gallons of water in mine...so I think it really is 34 gollans.

6. POSA

POSA Plankton

7. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

Hmmm! Looks great!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  8. Click Here!

9. jadedseahorse

jadedseahorse Plankton

kingjaymaster- PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THAT CANISTER FILTER YOU HOOKED UP TO THE MAX. I HAVE HAD MINE FOR ABOUT A MONTH AND THE BLACK SPONGE IS BLOCKING THE SKIMMER TO WORK CORRECTLY. WHAT CAN I DO?

10. Scooterman

Scooterman Plankton

I'm thinking of getting one of these soon, just doing some reading up on which is best!

11. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

red sea is the best nano, I think we can almost all unanimously agree on that, but you do pay for what you get, you can get a 28g jbj tank with a HQI setup that would provide more light but also more heat, all in all red sea did a great job on design with this, it's only "flaw" in my opinion is the proprietary bulbs

12. railroader46

railroader46 Skunk Shrimp

I have recently purchased on of these and so far I have been impressed with it. It does come with hydrometer/ thermometer and I have found that the thermometer is about 1.5 degrees off, so I purchased a coralife digiatl this morning.