The Red Sea Max Aquarium

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 6, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. troy_s

troy_s Plankton

Hi,
    pretty well all the marine LFS in Australia carry the Max unit.

With regards to the Aqua Vital tank, you would still be buying a freshwater system which has been modified in an attempt to suit marines. THe Max has been designed from the ground up to suit this purpose.

your choice.

cheers
    Troy

2. Click Here!

3. BlackWhiteYellow

BlackWhiteYellow Astrea Snail

oh no, it wasn't modified, i couldn't add anything to it. No skimmer, just live rock and more live rock.

4. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Hrmmm... with 34g how much bio-load do u think you could stress on the system without it collapsing, if its stuffed full of LR and corals and a few inverts?

5. BlackWhiteYellow

BlackWhiteYellow Astrea Snail

depends on how much, when i first started i didn't have that much in there. every time i added a piece it improved heaps but i had loads of nitrate. brown algae galore. my problem was that the rock was added a little at a time, till it became cluttered space.
    at best.

3 cromies
    1 fiji damsel
    1 ebels angel(full sized) about 3-4inch
    1 small porcupine puffer
    1 black ribbon eel.
    pair of cbs
    2 hermits

please don't say i overstocked, i've learn't since then.
    I'm sticking to the 2 eels that i have now cause they are really low nitrate fish. Until i can get a skimmer "tunze classic in mind", fuge and a secure overflow built . I'm not going to fire up the 620.

6. DrewToch

DrewToch Plankton

I bought my Red Sea Max 3 days ago. I am new to the site and I am very open to suggestions! I have been out of the hobby for about 3 years and have jumped back in with the Redsea Max after about two months of research. Its up and running just waiting for my local store to get more live rock. :)

7. glampka

glampka Coral Banded Shrimp

There was one on eBay this morning starting out @ around $500

8. Click Here!

9. PSYCHO

PSYCHO Plankton

Max arrived last week... Live sand, live rock and filled tonight ;D

The design is impressive. I will let you know how it's going as time goes on...

10. PSYCHO

PSYCHO Plankton

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  11. Twan013

Twan013 Skunk Shrimp

if i didn't already have an aquarium, i'd definately buy one... well, maybe if another company made something similar... i've heard a lot of bad rap about redsea, and their prizm skimmers... maybe if AquaC made one (i've heard about as much good news about them as i have bad news from red sea) plus, i'd like to have a bigger aquarium... somewhere around 50 gallons...

12. tonyespinoza

tonyespinoza Plankton

Looking at the Red Sea Max - any reports?

I'll PM the folks on this thread here who say they have one... I'm very seriously interested. I was WAY into the hobby about 10 years ago -- looks like a few things have changed (but all the stuff you learn the hard way really hasn't!).

Interested in any progress reports -- how's it going with your Max!?