The Potteri Project

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Va Reef, Sep 20, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

After a year of searching, I finally found a healthy, eating, tiny potters angel. He loves frozen, but picks at the rock work almost constantly. If he isn't, he's following my Katherine's wrasse or mandarin around. Pretty cute.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

congrats! they are so darn pretty!

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Thank you. It is probably my favorite fish.

5. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

I was just thinking about the Potters and the post we shared awhile back and was about to message you to see how it was going!

Been out of the loop for awhile, ended up needing a new furnace this past winter, new siding on the house this spring, and now under going a kitchen overhual. Also built stairs on the deck and just a million around the house projects so needless to say my tank upgrade has been on the shelf for awhile, both for time constraints and saving money for projects, and I havnt even been on 3reef since early spring. Plan on getting that going after the kitchen is done so soemtime thsi winter maybe itll be done lol.

Glad you finally found a healthy little guy, keep us updated with how hes doing and your progress.

Any coral nipping? What corals and other fish do you have him with at the moment? Also where do you keep your water temp I believe thats a big part of these little guys long term health besides eating. You using any sponge formula or food additives for nutrition?

6. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

What an awesome fish. I love my Potters angel. Fortunately a very model citizen mine has grown into a little football. I need to get a more recent photo.
    [​IMG]

7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Good to see you back, I hope everything is going well.

I'm keeping it at 76*F. So far the only questionable nipping has been on a cyphastrea colony. But I'm not sure if he's actually nipping at it. And yes, I have angelixir, angel and butterfly frozen food, and a couple different vitamin and amino acid supplements.

I mentioned healthy because so often you see them in an unhealthy state, however this is the first one I've seen in person and just happened to be very healthy. He was eating mysis shrimp in the acclimation bucket lol