the official ECOBAK thread...

Discussion in 'Warner Marine' started by Jon Warner, Feb 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

Thanks Jon, will be ordering some this weekend.;D

2. Click Here!

3. Jon Warner

Jon Warner 3reef Sponsor

Be sure to check in with your results and feel free to contact me any time with questions.

Jon

4. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

Jon I sent an email to you at your website. Wondering if you receive them personally?

5. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

So I have setup my canister filter with the media, and have been running it for about a week. I ended up using a thin piece of the eheim blue coarse filter pad to keep the pellets from escaping. I'm wondering if this helping or hurting. the other question is, I have the piece almost in the middle, so the pellets are tumbling only about 5 inches high. should i let them tumble as high as possible or leave it be?

6. Jon Warner

Jon Warner 3reef Sponsor

You should be fine... in fact that may be too much "tumble". You want to see a nice gentle rolling tumble. I think the blue coarse stuff may clog fast... keep me updated, please.

7. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Hello Jon

I've been running EcoBak for 5 weeks now in my 90g DT. It has about 120# LR & 25 or so LPS colonies. I started with 100mls of EcoBak in the reactor & am planning on increasing by 100mls weekly to about 400mls max. Any thoughts/advice? :confused:

8. Click Here!

9. milkman

milkman Plankton

Jon,

I started Ecoback last August with 1 liter on a 200 gal system with cheato in a fuge.

It worked great and reduced my Nitrates to 3 and phosphate to .02.

Maybe it worked too fast because while I did not have any cyno issues, I did have a massive hair algea outbreak in the display that I am still fighting. I started feeding the tank with Microlube Special blend to try and "dirty" the system back up some. Hard to tell, but seem to be making some progress.

Any suggestions on getting rid of the HA? I stopped GFO about a month ago and used that reactor to run a second dose of carbon to try and remove the algea spores.

10. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

do you have a heavy or light bio-load? fish,cuc,corals etc.

If you think you have a heavy bio load, adding a little at a time is the way to go.

1 person likes this.
  11. Jon Warner

Jon Warner 3reef Sponsor

no, no, no....

:D

You can remove a lot of PO4 and NO3 with ecoBAK and still have issues with cyanobacteria and it's because of bacterial instability. Adding Microbe Lift Special Blend doesn't "dirty" the water, on the contrary it adds numerous strains of bacteria to balance the bacterial "action" in your system.

Also make sure your skimmer is 100% functional and make sure your ecoBAK is tumbling gently...

12. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Starting to stock a 60g frag tank (lite bioload) & a heavy bioload in mt 90g DT.
    Thanks.