the official ECOBAK thread...

Discussion in 'Warner Marine' started by Jon Warner, Feb 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Thanks for all the help! Just ordered the 1000ml ecobak plus. Figured if I am gonna do it do it the best I can! Lol

2. Click Here!

3. Reef2Keep

Reef2Keep Purple Spiny Lobster

Hey Jon,
    Replaced my reactor with a NextReef MR1. Flow and tumble have definitely improved dramatically....but I'm wondering if it's a bit too much now. I'm using a maxijet 1200 for the pump. Let me know what you think.

MR1 Ecobak Reactor - YouTube

Thanks!

4. Jon Warner

Jon Warner 3reef Sponsor

that looks pretty good! Don't give it any more flow of course but it's good the way it is.

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

My second week into using ecobak. I've got it in a cheap Kent phosphate reactor with a maxi jet 1200 but it has a nice easy tumble.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

let people know what you think DSC.

7. junior279

junior279 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I watched your video. Do you have your reactor connected directly to your skimmer.

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I definitely will OFK. I'm more than impressed with the write ups by Mr. Warner.

10. Toallhisdoom

Hey jon quick question! Ecobak plus. I know it says to run the output of reactor into skimmer. Well i have a 29 biocube. And the way the small reactor fits and is it is hard to have it run into my skimmer. Might remove the skimmer all together as it does not work very good. Will weekly water changes be enough? Or does there need to be a skimmer to constantly pull the waste out? 5gal a week on a 30gal system. 1/6th of water volume.

11. Jon Warner

Jon Warner 3reef Sponsor

Yes, you really need to be using a protein skimmer. With water changes only I'd expect to see diminished performance from the ecoBAK. Even the small original skimmer will help.

12. Toallhisdoom

Alright I will leave it running then. Just a real pain. Impossible to get the thing dialed in right. But ill work on that haha thanks!