the official ECOBAK thread...

Discussion in 'Warner Marine' started by Jon Warner, Feb 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. KenM

KenM Plankton

Nope, no GFO. Refugium with Cheato & 1 Mangrove. Protein skimmer and manual siphoning of hair algae every Saturday. Taking out 1 to 2 cups of algae a week. Will food add more P or more N????

Question, what is the ratio of P to N taken up by EcoBak?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Starting a new build in the next month or so. I'm planning on pairing a Vertex Alpha 200 skimmer with a Reef Octopus BR110 reactor fed off my return. I'll have right at 100 gallons of water volume.

I'm thinking I will drop 500ml in the reactor and turn it on right along with my return pump on day one? Is there any reason to wait?

4. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

It should follow the redfield ratio of C:N:p = 106:16:1 Ecobak is the C. It in itself does not consume N or P.

5. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

No reason to wait at all IMO. The longer you wait the longer it takes to colonize.

6. KenM

KenM Plankton

Agreed, I guess the question would actually be, in what ratio does bacteria normally consume P & N? Could a low P level due to all the hair algae actually inhibit the bacteria and therefore limit the N consumption?

I just read an article on the Redfield Ratio, so it sounds as if N to P ratio in many marine organism is 16:1, so the assumption would be tha bacteria consume N & P in the same ratio.......is that correct?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  7. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Yes that is it!

8. Click Here!

9. meadowsad

meadowsad Plankton

I just started running these pellets and I want to make sure I am tumbling them right. I have a SMR1 reactor running off my main pump. Most of the pellets are tumbling slowly but one section doesn't appear to be moving at all even when I increase the flow to where they are rapidly tumbling. Is this ok or should I really try to get all the pellets tumbling?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  10. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

I have used the ecobak pellets for the past two months and I love them here are my results. Thank you Ecobak for such a great product ;D

11. Jon Warner

Jon Warner 3reef Sponsor

great video!

12. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Thank you sir you guys have a great product