The Ocean Pulse Duo & Quadra Wavemakers

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 9, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Aquarium alert! A new wavemaker!
    <br />
    The Ocean Pulse Duo & Quadra wavemakers have hit the scene. Give me a couple holes for plugs and a big knob and I am pretty happy. How about you? ;D
    <br />
    <br />
    [​IMG]
    <br />
    The Ocean Pulse Duo Wavemaker
    <br />
    <br />
    <br /><br />
    <br />

Anyone using them? What are your thoughts?

More info:
    Ocean Pulse Duo Wavemaker: Premium Aquatics

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

That looks pretty awsome...though I always had a problem with these types of wave makers. How safe are they really? I always read that the powerheads are not designed to be turned on and off very quickly. But i'm not really sure. If anyone knows if there is any truth to this let me know...this looks like somthing I would buy :D

4. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Looks cool.
    I know the mj1200's are actually very reliable being turned on and off every few seconds. I also read that the tunze nano stream's do well.

5. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Really.... I'm using a tunze nanostream. Its the only PH in the tank. Might be worth looking into. Thanks

Marc.

6. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Yup, but double check me on the nano streams because i'm planning to get 2 of them and read it somewhere and was not able to find that link again about there reliabilities when being turned on and off over and over again.

7. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

This Item works great on powerheads that can turn off and on every few seconds. I do not reccomend it if you use seio power heads. Makes a bad clicking noise when you first turn on the seio. Had to return the wake maker :(