The Nurce

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 2, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I would like to see a schematic of how this works without valves, eletricity, etc..
    Has anyone used it or heard anything about it?
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I went and checked this out at there web page (don't have it handy at the moment :-[ ) But from what i have seen it is a sealed tank that is controlled from a siphon probe (2 tubes one going to the top of the nurce one going to the bottom below the waterline ) as the sump water level drop the tube that is connected to the top of the nurce tank becomes exposed and allows air into the top of the nurce this allows water to flow into the other tube thats below the water line
    the beauty of this system is that as long as the nurce tank is porperly sealed it will not overfill your sump and requires no power> HTH

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Astrea Snail

hmmm, this thing sounds like it may be a good investment. Now I just gotta find the web page for this thing and see how much it is, that will determine how good of an investment it would be.

Benjamin

5. ETECH

ETECH Plankton

www.aqualan.com but they are out of stock on every model
    and if i remember correctly its been like this for sometime :(

6. Benjamin

Benjamin Astrea Snail

Is that the only place that sells them? That thing really would sell like hotcakes if it does what it says. I know I would probably get one, since I add around a gallon a day due to evaporation.

Benjamin

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This 'site' - aquatichouse - is sold out of the Nurce too. What the heck is that about? ???

This is a little late, but I wanted to thank Chris Barr for the details. :thumbsup1:

I found a some more info at that goofy site:

http://www.aquatichouse.com/AF/nurce.htm

8. Click Here!

9. ETECH

ETECH Plankton

I e-mailed aqualan to find out the availibilty of the nurce system here's what they said "Thank you for your interest in the NURCE. We are generally open for business,
    however we currently only have Model A in stock. Unfortunately, we cannot give
    a reliable date as to when the other models will be available. More information
    will be available mid-July. If you have any questions the best way to reach us
    is through email.

Best regards,
    Aqualan "

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for the info ETECH.

I sure am curious what the holdup is....

11. ETECH

ETECH Plankton

well i tried to send another email to aqualan and they sent me the exact same reply. So it looks like its an automated response to email .............. Geez whats the friggin deal ??

12. ETECH

ETECH Plankton

well looks like Aqualan is for the most part DEAD
    just got this E-mail from them

"Unfortunately we can no longer continue to produce the NURCE units in their current form. As of September 1, 2002 we will only be available for warranty service on units still within their warranty period. Their will be no more customer support by phone, only by email. However, we are exploring other options for providing this product to the aquarium enthusiasts. The earliest date to expect any news would be sometime next summer. "

Bummer :'(