The Day when the water breaks...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by salsalito25, May 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

So good to hear that he's doing better. Baby steps my friend (no pun intended) :)

2. Click Here!

3. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

What's funny with this is we have been saying this the whole healing process..!! hahah so all is well..!!

4. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Definitely baby steps, as Amcarrig said! We went from the little tiny bottles, measuring and charting every cc, to the 4 ounce bottles, to finally regular baby bottles! It took months to get that far, but that was ok. :) I'm so glad all is well.

5. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Hello again to all who have been following my little story... As of a few day's ago the weening of the Ventalator has begun.. So far so good on that.. Dont get me wrong there has been a few days of not so good vent changes... But here some bad news.. As of rite now on his 30day brain ultrasound there was no brain Bleeds... Wich is DARN good.. But what did show up on it was a thing called periventricalleakomalasia (PVL) or well for short brain dammage... This type of dammage ends up in some type of Cerebralpalsey (spelling is off i am sure) from minor to severe symptoms... but we will not know how bad it will be untill they simply show up... On the other hand with proper theropy and simply working throught it all.. He can be just fine pending the severaty of the issue...
    Here's some good new's his feed's are up to the amount of 8.5 ml per every 2 hours.. WIth no issues on taking moma's milk, and has grown now to a healthy 2lbs. 3 oz. Also notices his dark brown eye's are slowly changing to My lite greyish Blue eye's which has mom fealin a bit cheated cause he look's like my lil clone.. hahaha
    We are now 95% done with the house renovation and awaitin carpet to be repaired or patched. And can say finaly we are MOVING IN...!!!!! NO more living outa boxes..!!

From my little word to the four corner's of the world i thank you all..!!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  6. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Salsilito, great news on the increasing feeding and coming off the ventilator
    Gabriel it seems is a great little battler and thats a definite positive for you all

take each day as it comes and stay focused on the positives of each day
    dont let thoughts of "what could happen" cloud your otherwise optimistic outlook

our thoughts, hopes and prays will be with you ( I say that on behalf of everyone who reads this thread)

Good luck and I cant wait for the pictures of baby at home post

Steve

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Great news indeed! I can't add any more to what Steve has already said so just stay strong. I'm so glad to hear that the baby is putting on weight! Hooray!

And tell your wife that your baby's eye color won't be "final" until he's at least one year old :D My son's eyes were blue/grey when he was born but they're between green and brown right now. Chances are, he'll have his father's brown eyes but I'm hoping he'll end up with my blue :)

8. Click Here!

9. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Exactly what Steve said! Stay positive and and take it one day at a time.

Great news on the home renovations! Before long, all 3 of you will be settled in at home. :)

10. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

IT's another long awaited update this one will be hopefully short....HAhah Still unpacking and moving in between long drives everyday to and from the hospital... 1.5 hr drive one way... But its WELL WORTH IT..!!! Ok Here we go.... He weigh's in now as of yesterday... 2lb 10oz... and growing like a weed... And is now up to 11.5cc breast milk every 2 hrs. if i did the math correctly it's only a half ounce fluid measure every 2 hours. but keep in mind he's a little one.... still on the vent with issues with O2 % but nothing like the past.. But on that note back to the unpacking and trying to catch up here on my 2cond home (3reef)...

Much love and thank's again to every one...!!!

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

We love good news! Keep up the good work little Gabriel! We're praying for you!!!

12. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.