The DōS from Neptune Systems

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 7, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The new DōS pump is a quality two part doser coming soon from Neptune Systems. Users will have a lot to smile about as the DōS pump integration in the Apex Fusion software is a visual treat that gives you dose rates over time and even how much fluid is left at a glance. One has the option to enter a specific amount of fluid to dose over what period of time and allowing the DōS pump to determine dosing intervals or also modify the intervals themselves. Looking at the hardware, the beefy stepper motors offer great precision with variable pump speeds for adjusting from micro-dosing to water-changes. And maintenance should be a breeze with 1 click access to the internal hose and rollers. The only omission appears to be the 3rd pump, so if you want to dose magnesium, you'll need to chain DōS pumps. At $400-$500 each, that will add up. A very nice dose pump all the same. Coming this Christmas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More details and pics here:
    http://www.neptunesystems.com/dos/

zesty and MarineDepot like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Cool Product. but OUCH on the cost of them. Very pricey in my opinion.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Well some will pay more for quality. I think it also depends on your needs. Being able to do slow-dosing for vodka for example or micro-dosing for amino-acids etc, is very nice to have. But I hear ya. I will enquire about a 3 pump model and follow up.

5. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Yeah, this is a very exciting product for sure! I would love to get one for kalk dosage and water changes. Yeah, this is kinda a new product that is more than just a doser, but to integrate into the Apex and the software had to take some hefty coding/development. It looks like they did their homework and made this product very versatile. I can understand why this is expensive, there's nothing like it on the market, that I'm aware of.

But yeah, the price is out of my normal price range for equipment. Maybe they'll do 0% financing for 6 months? Huh huh? That would be cool.... o_O:D

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

lol
    The only thing of this caliber that I am aware of is the Vertex doser. I believe it has a stepper motor and can dose down to .5 mL and is controllable with their controller. Of course this one being Apex ready will have mass-appeal with their large base. Thanks for the Apex reminder. I didn't mention that did I? :lol:

zesty likes this.