The Aqua Medic Nano Wave 9 Aquarium

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 6, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I got Jwin's for his b-day a few months ago. The LFS had them stacked up for $79.95 (not so now - they're $99.95). I will say the temperature was an issue and we ended up ordering a fan kit for about $35 that Jwin installed. He uses it for a mantis shrimp tank and it's worked out well so far. He has pictures in the Show Off Your Fish Tanks forum.

2. Click Here!

3. cmoreland

cmoreland Plankton

temperature is an issue with my nanowave 9 as well. I just keep the hood cracked open a bit during the latter half of the light cycle and it stays about 83F tops.

The other thing is that if you don't have your fuge area set up with your skimmer running properly you'll get a dirty tank pretty quick. I have chaeto and chemi-pure in there now and it seems to be doing ok. The stock skimmer in the back there is nice once you have it broken in.

This is a great tank and I love it but expect algae and heat issues. Even with that said, you probably won't find a cheaper reef setup so it's great for a beginner not only because of the cost but because it's really good experience. Once you move to a bigger system, they are usually a lot easier to maintain.