The $3500 Pet Tax Credit - Are You Happy?

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fritz

fritz Plankton

This is great but why stop here? I have other hobbies too. There should be a tax credit for them as well. Also there should be a tax credit for the money I pay on car insurance. The money I spend on my car lease should also be deductible as should the money I spend on clothing. Matter of fact every dollar I spend helps someone and the economy in some way. I'm a mini stimulus package. Every thing I do should be deductible.

Maybe they should stop looking for tax credits and just fix the tax code. One more credit just means another few dollars my account will charge because along with this one there will be 50 other changes to the tax code that is already thousands of pages long. How about a flat tax? Everyone could figure it out online with just their W2 or 1099. Paying your taxes would take all of 4 minutes and not require you to hire someone to do it for you.

Of course, everyone would FREAK THE ***** out when they realized how much they actually pay in taxes. Oh well, I can dream. In the meantime why shouldn't non pet owners subsidize my hobby?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

whose side are you on fritz? You are on notice! :) Between excise, state, local, property, federal, FICA, increased costs of goods...I say we take whatever they are willing to give.

I am just messing with you by the way Fritz.

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I hope this passes.

My dogs and fish keep me sane.

That alone is better than me losing my sanity. It has long been proven that people that own pets live longer, and fish IMHO are a very relaxing hobby if you take a moment to watch them and not fuss with the tank all day.

Deductions away!!!!!

5. swnoobie

swnoobie Plankton

lol thanks for the school house rock clip i havnt seen that in 10 yrs haha

6. skittlesandbeer

skittlesandbeer Astrea Snail

Has anyone heard anything more about this?

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Status has not changed. :p
    Latest Major Action: 7/31/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means.

8. Click Here!

9. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

Well I'm guessing this would apply to all of us that keep fish simply because we keep them, take care of them by providing food and shelter etc..
    And even if it's only a $30 fish.. It takes more than 30 to take care of it. For example the light bill, the water bill, the food we buy for them, medications, supplements, the tank for them to live on and the list can go on.. So at one point or another the 3500 is going to be reached and surpassed.

And idk dot anyone else but for me, this little critters keep me entertained, sain and pretty happy. ( that's the purpose of the "happy" act isn't it?)

10. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

HOLY CRAP!!! This'll be great!!!!

11. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

When and if it happens, yes it will.