The 30 gallon re-doodoo

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by CodyW, Sep 17, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

Still not satisfied. :p

So Here is the tank in March, way back when. We were running pc's, seaclone 100 and zoomed powersweep...I don't think it could have gotten much worst as far as equipment choices...Except for the tank...for some reason we spent plenty of cash on the Oceanic and stand.
    [​IMG]

Since then...
    > We've taken off the seaclone and kept up on water changes. I really haven't noticed a difference except for the better
    > The zoomed got replaced with a maxi jet 900...the powersweep was putting a ton of microbubbles into the tank. In combo with the seaclone it was quite the eyesore of a tank with all of the bubbles.
    > The PC's are now replaced with 150 watts of MH...a coralife pendant with no complaints.

The bulb isn't the best for aesthetics and it is even almost hideous paired up with my camera's resolution but hopefully you get the idea. I have gone seriously overboard with sand in the DSB and liverock but it's working and I like the look. We'll probably get a aqua c real soon and then get back into getting some more corals. We redid the livestock 3..maybe 5, times since we've set it up, now we have a better grasp on what is needed and what needs to stay out.

ENJOY.
    Full shot... A little blury I'll get a better one later
    [​IMG]

Here's a little panorama since its a hex.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

OO about the cyano..our orange spotted jumped ship and within two days the stuff is everywhere. I got a two spotted goby to hope that he can keep up and a pistol shrimp is on order.

4. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

I got a Tiger pistol and yellowwatchman (actually just got a second pair-very young pair) and they have kept the sand in immaculate shape. They have burrows all through the 20gl cube and move piles of sand all about on a daily basis. The sand stays super clean because of them-pistol shrimp mostly. It is always busy keeping the tunnels open and moving sand back and forth.

1 person likes this.
  5. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

The two-spot has made an excellent replacement for the orange spotted, this one is much more laid back and hasn't attempted to jump yet, also a little more bold and does some crazy displays (maybe a fish of the month). I'm picking up a pistol next wednsday I hope they tag team the sand bed, the cyano is 'almost' under control.

6. eggerstout

eggerstout Skunk Shrimp

do you like your coralife pendant?