Thank you DOWTISH - Cyano Help

Discussion in 'Algae' started by chumslickjon, Dec 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I agree with both. What about people that have chemical imbalances in their brains that cause mood swings or various other problems with their health. They use medicines to help out with these problems and live "normal" lives. Just saying that sometimes things just need a little help to get the job done is all.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Stammer

Stammer Bristle Worm

Yea, and just like with people, some medications workfor some people others it doesn't work for them. Our tanks are different like that. No two tanks alike, and sometimes what works for you will not for me. I don't know if this stuff is going to prove out to be a useful or beneficial tool in the long run or not. We'll see.....stay tuned!;):)

1 person likes this.
  4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I agree completely. ;D

5. Stammer

Stammer Bristle Worm

Update; I am at the day recommended for the 2nd dosing of the "D.H.I.A.B." (Dead hooker in a bottle). Things have gotten worse since my first dosing. I have found that my new T5 fixture and bulbs have been on too many hours, so I have reduced the hours on the timer. In fact after dosing today it is lights out. I noticed more red cyano(?) and now even some green algae as well! I am not used to this , having come from a very clean freshwater Cichlid tank. :(

6. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

I love my freshwater cichlid tank. Just chuck in a pleco and have a clean tank all the time. Why can't they have saltwater plecos? :)

7. Stammer

Stammer Bristle Worm

8. Click Here!

9. 1fishyguy

1fishyguy Purple Spiny Lobster

I have been having issues with this as well plan to pick some of this special blend stuff up today. Any recommendations for dosing?

10. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

Instructions on the bottle work great. This stuff really has worked well for me. I'd have probably torn down the tank by now if I didn't try it out.