Tetratec Power Filters

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 20, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSteve

TheSteve Astrea Snail

Thanks!! [smiley=party-smiley-004.gif]

Unfortunately I tried all the very same steps. After a while of messing with it, I was more concerned about the animals in my tank. In my opinion if something is dangerous or could pontentially cause harm to the tank is just not worth it. I appreciate the help [smiley=thumbs_up1.gif]

And I love these smiley things. [smiley=yelrotflmao.gif]

Steve

2. Click Here!

3. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I have the 500 and the lid rattles on mine. I took it off and ran a some silicone into the lip of the lid and let it dry. Problem solved.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Covey link=board=Product;num=1037824626;start=15#21 date=09/08/04 at 14:13:12]I have the 500 and the lid rattles on mine.  I took it off and ran a some silicone into the lip of the lid and let it dry.  Problem solved.[/quote]

Nice one.

I noticed the same thing on my original lid. What's interesting is I bought another 150 model and it looks like they improved the fitting a bit. They also changed the impeller to a different kind.

5. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

I have the 500 I believe, its the biggest one. This is a product that is victim to great idea poor execution. I got so frustrated with mine that I pulled out the surge device. If it is adjusted right and the water level is right then it may work ok with little noise. I also wanted to mention the Drs Foster&Smith pulled it from their shelves because of so many complaints.

Just had to vent.

btw, I still use this filter but thats only cause I'm too cheap to buy a different one.

6. mcbelly

mcbelly Plankton

Something is wrong with me... I seem to have good luck with all the bad products. I have a 26 gal Bowfront with a PF 150 and Seaclone skimmer. I have had no problems with either. The PF 150 is a great little wave maker. I run it with two empty media bags just as a mechanical filter but I like the idea of putting a light on it and making a tiny refugium (if I understood the earlier post). Granted I have a small reef tank, but so far so good with the PF 150 and the Seaclone.

7. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid