Tetra-Tec RefugiumDIY

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Covey, Oct 28, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sounds cool Covey. I thought about spray painting the lid on mine but I didn't know enough about paint and found a colored piece of plastic that fit inside pretty good. My halide is close to mine so I was getting algae growing on the sponge before. Look forward to the pics.

Glad to hear you are winning the algae war.
    :)

2. Click Here!

3. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Well the all-star heater holding, water moving, wavemaking, Chemical filtration holding, mud fuge, macro aglea producing, pod factory has on more thing to add to its resume. It's a moonlight! When the rooms is dark the light that is up in the filter manages to reflect down thru the outputs of the filter into the tank. It is real cool because it shimmers and sparkles. If I had to guess like less than a watt. IMO it look a whole alot more like moonlight than those blue LEDs ;D.

The sweetiest thing about this confert is that with the except of the lid it is completily reversable. I just removed the media and wedge the baffle in place!

4. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

And weither it work or not here it is shortily before I trimed it

Attached Files:

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wow.. that is sweet covey! :eek: 8)

6. redboy

redboy Astrea Snail

Hey Covey, that was deffinetly hilarious about the demise of your algae!!! Congrats! I have a 10 gal and the algae is a pain in the but! However, I am planning on making my Aqua Clear PF into a DIY refugium, so now I am seeing the light at the end of the algae tunnel!