TEST AUCTION - Bid on my beat Remora!

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Mar 29, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Dollar over is max at the moment. I am working to change that. I want someone to be able to bid double the current price. I don't see why you would want to go higher.

By the way, the phone number and location are optional.

LATE NIGHT EDIT: It now shows a detailed remaining time until auction ends.

:)

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I really need that skimmer, I hope I get it. :)
    Great Idea
    J

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks J. You know I am not really selling this skimmer right? This is a test.  ;D

Oh and this is for you and Saltydawg...

[flash=468,60]http://www.3reef.com/fish/sitepics/threesteps3.swf[/flash]

Thanks for joining 3reef!

About this auction, I have been editing it, so the countdown has been reset a couple times. I think I have the fuzzy math figured out. You can bet several dollars over now. But the min. increment is 50 cents.

When you set up an auction, the min, max price and asking price are all important. I will explain in detail in a sticky on this board when I am done tinkering. Bid on!

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Matt,

Let me help you out a little here ;D

What to fill out in the Auction User Setup ?

Ask Price (the value you want to ask for your stuff)
    Minimum Price (The value you are willing to sell for)

Both are invisible but Minimum Price determines the Max bidsteps allowed.

Minimum Bid increase (the minimal increase for the next bid)
    Setting this too low or high will be prohibited by the board settings)
    Try to set this in such a way that it makes the Auction interesting to bid on (like for a 100$ item steps of 5$ or 10$ will allow the bidding to reach the sales value in reasonable time)

Closed Bidding [ ]
    Setting this checked will only show the highest bid to the owner, the admins and the person holding this bid, leaving it unchecked will show all bids to anyone including guests.

Phone number and place can be left empty (the board will fill in "not filled out by the seller") but keep in mind that there must be some way of getting into contact with the possible buyer and that he/she has to know where the items are at this moment (It takes a lot of money to ship a complete fishtank from the Netherlands to you guys ;) )

Auction Duration (in days)
    Min/Max are limited by the board settings but choose a timespan that is reasonable to sell your stuff.
    If an Auction times out you will be able (as the owner or admin) to extend the auction by a certain amount of days.

Image URL
    You can add in an image which is reachable at some url on the net (eg your own website).
    Be sure to Click the Check URL button to see if the image loads and to have the auction resize it to preserve the board index from being distorted by larger images.

Hope this helps you selling your things,

Enjoy,

Ron

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Big thanks Ron! From me and I am sure many people on this board. Your mod is incredible and already a big hit here.

The fact that you would build this without financial incentive and provide this kind of support speaks volumes.

THANK YOU!

I can't say that enough. Seriously. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

[quote author=Matt Rogers link=board=Auction;num=1048963789;start=0#14 date=03/30/03 at 18:52:43]Big thanks Ron! From me and I am sure many people on this board. Your mod is incredible and already a big hit here.

The fact that you would build this without financial incentive and provide this kind of support speaks volumes.

THANK YOU!

I can't say that enough. Seriously. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up.gif][/quote]

Just your thank you is enough (it's a hobby)
    Be sure that you vote for me if there is ever a mod writer of the year contest (unless Christer decides on his own who is the best like last year)
    You can always use the praise & feedback board to vent your thought ;D

Happy selling,

Ron

8. Click Here!

9. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[move][glow=Yellow, 6, 600]Gee, this is fun !!!![/glow][/move]

[smiley=balloon2.gif] [smiley=balloon3.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=grin3.gif] [smiley=wink3.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=cool4.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=wave.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up1.gif]​

10. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

I hope that someone else tests this bid feature as I need another skimmer like a hole in the head! Great feature!

:) ;) ;D :D 8)

11. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

Hey Craig,

That Remora would run rings around that SeaClone 150.  You should get the Remora and sell the SeaClone.  SeaClones are ok for light duty, but for a tank like yours, you need something a little more robust, like your BakPak, and this Remora.  Those two would really do a great job on your tank.

Just my humble opinion. ;D

12. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

I've had so much trouble with my CPR I can't tell you.  The Seaclone 150 has always done at least as good if not better job than the Bak Pak.  These are the only ones I've had experience with so that's the extent of my comparative knowledge.  My CPR is on the fritz at the moment and the old Seaclone is working like a champ!

Would your unit hang on the back of my 80 gallon? Any other suggestions? :) ;) :D ;D 8)