Test and Dose

Discussion in 'Coral' started by mirosh, Aug 31, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mirosh

mirosh Feather Duster

Yeah, I read through the article...that one helped me the most! And yes, you are correct, I fall into Zone 3. I tried using the calcium calculator, but I couldn't figure out what it was telling me.

Is it telling me to add 1.53 oz per day until I get to 425ppm or is it telling me that I will need to add a total of 1.53 oz over a time period of a few days in order to move from 350 to 425 ppm?

The only reason I think it may be the latter is because 1.53 oz = 3.06 tablespoons, which seems like a HUGE amount to be adding per day (compared to the 1/8 teaspoon per day that the bottle recommends).

-Mike

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  2. Click Here!

3. kb.bear

kb.bear Peppermint Shrimp

The recommendations on tech a-b and b-ionic are guidelines it really depends on consumption you can double your part-a and still be fine. For my 26 gal I add 30 mil a day and my calcium is 440. I have a-lot of Coraline growth and culpera so the consumption is very high.

4. mirosh

mirosh Feather Duster

Yes, I realize that, but we are not talking about the Tech-CB anymore. I am using the Turbo Calcium now and using that online calculator to try and figure out how much CaCl2 to use per day to get my level up!

-Mike

5. kb.bear

kb.bear Peppermint Shrimp

6. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

When I ran mine, I needed to add about 12 teaspoons :eek:

I used half that and added it by using a drip bottle. I needed the other half the next day....

Turbo won't affect pH, so whatever you are comfortable with....start with half that. the recommendation on the turbo ca I think is just a starting point. :)

7. mirosh

mirosh Feather Duster

I got some Turbo Calcium last night and started dosing with it. I am going to add 2.5 teaspoons (0.43 oz) a day for 4 days, bringing my total additions to 1.6oz. I am doing this through a drip bottle. I am going to test each night and hopefully will see better results.

I also purchased a better salifert Alk test kit. The kit is giving me a reading of 4 meq/L, which is on the high end of the acceptable range...I am supposed to be aiming for 2.9 meq/L, but will fix this after I get my Calcium in check, or maybe it will just fix itself as I raise the Calcium.

Also, I already bought and used the Turbo Calcium and all, but is Turbo Calcium the same thing as Mrs. Wages? Are they both just plain CaCl2? Not that it matters now anyway, since I bought and used the Turbo Calcium...but just out of curiosity!

-Mike

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005