Tek Light Finaly Came In!!!

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Birchell, Feb 28, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Thanks guys!!! Turbo, im really liking the color I have, im just moving the actinics around so the dawn dusk thing looks better.
    Geekdafied the fixture was 330, and the bulbs were from 8 bucks (the GE 6500k) to 20 bucks. The super blue, and actinics were the most. I like this fixture because I have number 23 out of 100 made, hehe. Plus it is in a cool blue color, and the refectors are polished aluminum, the same as ice cap reflectors!! I have a feeling this is a precurser to the Tek 2 that is commin out soon. ReefGeek is the best!! I paid no shipping, and the packing was great!! Plus I got two free candy bars with my purchase, lol. Thanks for talking me into this Bruce!! It is the best purchase ive made to date!!! Now to get a better skimmer, and a sump system, :hehe:......

2. Click Here!

3. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

See? Like I said lots of people have been loving the T5s and so you should be really glad for this purchase. You are right, it makes your nano look dull and yellow. Gads. What sold me on MHs was pretty much that exact same comparison. One of my LFSs has two 125g coral tanks side by side. For the longest time they just had bookoo PCs over both of them. But I came in one day and they had a MH fixture over one and the PCs still on the other. It was a STRIKING difference. My jaw unhinged, dropped, and scattered into their RO room :eek: . It was amazing and that's what made me decide definitively to upgrade my lights. Glad you are happy with them. Soon we will start seeing the before pics of the 1inch acro frag you bought and the after pics a couple months later of the full colony! Way to go!

1 person likes this.
  4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

:hehe: I am looking for some acros now, :lol: . I second what you said, my LFS got a new frag tank with a nice ice cape MH system over it. The first time I saw it, I wanted to upgrade!! I kinda wish I could get the shimmer with t-5's but oh well....

5. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    NICE!!!

i told you t5 were great.

6. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Very nice. I've been thinking about going with T5 lighting over MH's. I need to replace the fixture on my reef tank. The less heat may be the deal breaker for me. Do you think you could keep SPS and Clams with 430 watts of T5 lighting in a standard 75g tank vs MH's?

7. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

oh yea!! That would be the 8 bulb right? I have the 6 bulb, and im gonna be able to keep clams all the way on the bottom. Im hoping to get a blue acro this weekend at a club meeting, so ill let you guys know how good it keeps its color. With t-5s dont look at the watts per gallon thing. The only limit to t-5's is the penatration. If you have a really deep tank, like 30" you will have trouble keeping clams in the sand. But with you 75 its under 25 so you should be great. My 100 is 20 inches deep, and ill be fine. Good luck there!! If you need help with bulbs let me know. There are alot to chose from.

Michael

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

T-5s forever!!!! Acros got nothing on us now!

10. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

:thumbs_up :victory: :beer: :laughings

11. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

Sweet Birchell! That looks really nice man. I have been waiting for this thread! LOL, Glad you finally got them. I know your happy :) Now only thing to do is to stock that puppy up! Keep the pics coming Birchell, and congradulations!

12. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Birchell so now that you got your lights and see the output they produce you think i might be able to keep some acros in my tank with the 4 bulb tek unit?