Tapatalk is back

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Jun 11, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Clownfishy

Clownfishy Plankton

Just started using this site and ditched Tapatalk as the mobile version is streets ahead of any other forum and Tapatalk itself.

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

I haven't tried tapatalk but I can see where it could be useful. I'm glad you made the decision to bring it back since it seems like such a strong subject for so many folks.

4. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

This was a great move. Even though I'm not on here a lot, I periodically check when I'm stuck somewhere with my phone waiting on something and pull up tapatalk. Forums without tapatalk support, I never go to. It's a huge thing, and even though I understand the site branding thing and so forth, tapatalk is too handy.

5. Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics 3reef Sponsor

I also use TT heavily and run 2 forums myself, both XF. I thank Matt for turning me on to XF at MACNA 2013, best move ever. While I agree that TT can be a pain from the admin side (horrible support, bugs that never get fixed, etc) and I wholheartly agree that XF responsive design puts it in a class of it's own in the realm of forum software, having a one-stop app for all forums is just too darn handy.

Honestly, the biggest thing that would 'do it' for me is if there was a way to duplicate the push notification feature of TT. I think there are options for doing that, but they aren't free (on admin side) and would require the end users to install another app to receive the notifications.

6. Pdxile

Pdxile Coral Banded Shrimp

Tapatalk is great to increase members but most often free viewers. But forums have real operating costs from hosting, software upgrades, web programming, ... All to benefit members and visitors alike... The way these forums survive is on modest shoestring budgets derived from advertising... So if Tapatalk reduces this revenue for the sake of more free viewers... This breaks the business model that keeps forums alive.

Matt Rogers likes this.
: tapatalk