Tanked vs. Fish Tank Kings

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Rhameolution, Jun 8, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rhameolution

Rhameolution Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

As tank enthusiasts, we all seem to to go nuts over the wealth of information on the internet and libraries about everything marine life. I'm sure many of us have seen the two main aquarium shows brought to us by Animal Planet and Nat Geo.

My question is: which do you prefer? Tanked or Fish Tank Kings? Also, are there any other shows or webisodes you follow?

2. Click Here!

3. Rhameolution

Rhameolution Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Personally, I'm a fan of Tanked. The family aspect adds a lot to the watch-ability. I do wish they spent some more time on the species or even the acquisition of the fish but I understand it's a casual viewer show, not a SW enthusiast show.

4. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I have never been able to see Fish Tank Kings (and that's not from a lack of trying). I think Tank is a great show. It's obviously scripted and not well detailed, but it's a show for entertainment purposes only. It's good for its intentions.

5. cwilk1213

cwilk1213 Plankton

Haven't had the chance to watch Fish Tank Kings yet, but from the commercials I would have to say Tanked has it beat by a long shot. I love Tanked

6. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I watch both. My wife loves Tanked; it is definitely the more entertaining show. More about the tank than what is inside. Where as FTK is more about the livestock. I find it to be more up my ally as their information seems to be spot on and I have learned a lot watching it. I do enjoy both though.

7. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

We've been over this multiple times already...

8. Click Here!

9. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

lol...I started preferring fish tank kings more. especially after watching mrsaltwatertank.com interview with them. they seem like they are more into the industry like a hobby than a business. even though I think tanked has the cooler tank setups.

10. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

I think there are both really dodgy and give people a false idea of what they can do with their tanks. They set tanks up in a day and then stock it way over full within minutes of just setting it up!.

I would love to see whether or not those tanks actually last and how many losses they have in the process.

11. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I don't think the process is as fast as it seems on TV. It's for entertainment. Building 1 tank over a season/cycle wouldn't hold an audience.

It's been said a few tines that they make their customers sign a service agreement that requires ATM service the tank.

They wouldn't be multi-million dollar business if their systems didn't sustain.

Just take the show for what it is entertainment. The LFS mislead customers more than this show. It's reality TV. Everyone knows reality TV is not that.

12. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

To be honest they are both entertaining, I watch, then I dream.
    All done in one day ? I doubt it, but then again Mackey mouse is taller in "real life". LoL
    I just think there should be more program's on the "boggle box" about fish keeping and reef keeping, and generally aquarist subjects, they have shows about everything else and I mean everything from ladyboys to deck building.
    Ever tried to buy a saltwater/reef keeper magazine ?

Sorry, rant over.

Both shows are brilliant !