Tanked today?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Dingo, Aug 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pennstatereefer

Pennstatereefer Feather Duster

Personaly I think the show was awsome. I plan to watch evey Friday!!!

2. Click Here!

3. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I wouldn't say it is awesome but it is the best show about building aquariums on TV lol. The crazy custom order stuff doesn't translate well to aquariums in my opinion. I personally don't care for how some of the tanks look. I'm not a big fan of the fake looking tank but to each their own. I still liked some of the tanks on that video from animal planet. I didn't realize the on the keep showing that you walk through that is like an entrance is to a church.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. elwolfe

elwolfe Coral Banded Shrimp

I thought the second episode was better than the first. Since I'm not an Animal Planet exec and don't really care what the ratings are, I'd like to see them focus more on the design process and actual construction of the tanks. They could just as easily create the drama and suspense by getting acrylic shipments late or using the old standby - "OMG, this deadline/budget is super tight!"

Basically, I think they should move away from the husbandry angle even further. It'll be interesting to see the "making of" episode that should be coming along about mid-second season or so.

5. Doratus

Doratus Teardrop Maxima Clam

The show sucks if your an experienced reefer. But it will draw more people to the aquarium hobby. Yes newbies will make mistakes but they will have to learn from those mistakes and ask questions like someone else already mentioned. Lot's of people here seem to think this show will bring the wrong kind of attention, well that might be the case in the short term, but in the long run the end result will be more educated successful people in the hobby.

Edit: I believe most individuals are intelligent but sometimes it only comes through when they apply themselves to things that they are interested in.

Finding Nemo came out way before I ever had a saltwater tank and I can't say the movie didn't influence my interest. That doesn't mean you'll catch me keeping fish the way I saw them being kept in the movie. I did the research I needed to do to make sure I didn't waste my money and my kill fish. Some will learn, some will bust, in the end there will be more.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

DING, DING, DING.....we have a winner! (This is my opinion so far. As I've stated before, I'm reserving judgement until I see more episodes).

7. haloist

haloist Skunk Shrimp

Hey guys, check this out, hopefully this will put some questions to rest:

Marine Geek - Interview with Brett from Animal Planet's new hit show TANKED

Like some of you may have speculated, the interview with Brett reveals that the show was designed for entertainment and the seemingly bad husbandry of the fishes and tanks are to be blamed by the editing process for sheer entertainment.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

New episode in 2 days? I still need to watch last weeks episode.

10. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Anyone else get a flashback of the movie My Cousin Vinny? Lol

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk