Tank'd show- Instant Cycle??

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Todd_Sails, May 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Dr tims one and only has the necessary bacteria for an instant cycle...

2. Click Here!

3. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Even with Dr Tims my tank took 17days, sped up from the normal cycle...maybe, but far from an instantly cycled aquarium

4. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

Does anyone actually think that if they had massive die off in the tanks they setup, that they would still be in business let alone have a client base? I mean, they do show them visiting tanks they've setup in the past, right?

Jeesh, internet detective experts!!!

5. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Most of their tanks get broken down and sold on ebay lol. Do you really think a tank built into a skateboard ramp is a good idea?

6. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

The telephone tank made it to eBay.

7. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Please define most!

8. Click Here!

9. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Well here's the reality of THEIR products. I can't speak for all on the market. When I met Brett at RAP this last year we had this exact discussion, he claimed that this product is how a large portion of public aquariums get their systems running. In other words, they use the formulation that has supposedly been used by these public aquariums. All I can say is, IME this is completely false. A straight up lie. Has anyone else seen the equipment used for public aquariums? The breeding rooms for their own food for these animals. The huge quarantine systems. The super strict, unbelievable process of procuring these animals for public aquarium displays.

The do NOT simply build a system, dump in a chemical, and go to town. That is simply a misrepresentation. The same thing applies to our reefs, and to the reefs that they build. There is no magic bean. No substitute for the way nature intended the nitrogen cycle to work.

Just my opinion.

10. rglewis

rglewis Flamingo Tongue

They sell this stuff at petco now,they were setting up a display for it yesterday when i was in there. I dont believe it. In all honestly its a TV show, for all we know, when they reveal the tank to the customer, its weeks later.

11. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

What do breeding rooms, quarantine systems and procuring the animals have to do with adding bacteria to a tank?

12. rglewis

rglewis Flamingo Tongue