Tank Repair

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by fbird, Dec 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. damon

damon Sea Dragon

I think I would be nervous with a glass plug instead of a bulkhead. With a bulkhead you have a lip to catch on the glass and if you where to put in just a glass plug you would be relying on the silicone alone. I know most tanks trust silicone, but I've found it a little less trustworthy when I do it lol, but this may not be how it is for you. I don't think you will have a problem finding a plug for the bulkhead, all you need to do is get the right sized pvc end piece for your bulkhead, they should have threaded and none threaded so it should not be a problem.

2. Click Here!

3. fbird

fbird Astrea Snail

I personally wasn't really 100% comfortable going with glass plate so thanks to the advise on here I am going to go the bulkhead and plug route.

Thank you for responding.

4. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Let us know how everything looks when you're done with the project ;)

5. fbird

fbird Astrea Snail

Definately will. Crazy how expensive it is getting. Thought it would be easy since I already had the tank, stand and the lights, rock, coral and stuff from the current tank. Adding in the plumbing and fittings, sand, additional rock (got a great deal on 20lbs), new bulbs, new skimmer and I'm going broke quickly. Yesterday I found out the LFS I have been getting my water from is only using RO water instead of RODI water (explains my algae issues). Guess I may be looking at an RODI unit next.