Tank Profiler

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by serotonin, Nov 12, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. serotonin

serotonin Purple Spiny Lobster

Well, the site is hosted on my T1 at work and on a new server. It performs considerably faster!

I'm sorry I don't have more to update you all with at the present time. There have been many, many, minor updates here and there over the last week; too many to state. I am attending night school at the university here and final exam season is here. SIGH

Regardless, I will lift the "you need to be invited" business from the registration form within a week so anyone who wants can have a crack at seeing how this really works. I just ask that people please share their thoughts on the site. What's good, what's bad, what could be improved. There's a lot that will be reworked as time goes on. It's still in the earlier stages of development but very usable nonetheless.

Happy holidays everyone.

Ryan

2. Click Here!

3. serotonin

Yet another update, this one's a good one.

For those of you trying out the site, there's now a "Tank Selector" below the navigation menu on the left. This will only display once you are logged in.

I encourage those of you who have multiple tanks on the site to login and give this feature a try. Basically what happens is the tank your working with stays selected indefinitely, until you choose a different tank from your menu. This takes away a lot of added steps you previously encountered, that were really not necessary. Your current "Active" tank is colored in green, if you have others they will be blue. Thus, you are able to hop from the equipment display, to paramaters, maybe next to inhabitants. Along the way the site will remember which tank you selected and not ask you to choose every time you want to perform some tasks. I will be adding more content to display which tank you have currently selected.

In addition, everyone is able to edit and delete your parameter information. Previously this wasn't possible, just because I hadn't had time to add the code for it yet. Alas, it's their now!

I will begin writing a feature document and help section to the site over the next few days. After that I'll call it beta 0.1 and open registration can begin.

Cheers.

4. serotonin

Well, the long awaited day for me has finally come. I have removed the access code for signups.

Registration is open to everyone
    :party010: :party010: :party014: :party014:

Please let me know what you think of the site so far!

Regards

5. serotonin

Updates made at the start of this thread, info about the site and whatnot. Site's open and ready for business, take a peek today :)

6. serotonin

A big thanks to Jason McKenzie for uploading some pics. He helped discover a bug in the image uploads, which is now fixed by the way :)

Improvements made to the graphing system. You may now view gantt style graphs for your water changes.

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Your insane, I can't believe you fixed that so fast.

J

8. Click Here!

9. serotonin

Time for an update to this thread:

-A large bug was identified yesterday where if one did not add a tank to their account, inhabitants and equipment were able to be created. However, these items are tied to your tank. So if you had not created one and added these items, you effectively did nothing. Thankfully most people did add a tank first, hence the reason I had no idea this was possible.
    --- Bad, BAD Ryan! (SORRY!) :-[

-You may now upload GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG and a few other image types for your inhabitants AND equipment.

- Discussion forums have been added as another resource for you to ask questions and get help. (and where I will be putting how-to type stuff)

1 person likes this.
  10. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

i use tankprofiler to keep a log of all my readings its a great site well done serotonin +1

11. serotonin

I hope to get some time to update that site further soon. My addiction to WoW is over, thank God. :D I really need to update the photo gallery, big time.

PS: If any of you experience problems or confusions with tankprofiler, please PLEASE post here, email me or PM.

thx

12. serotonin

New Image Gallery for TankProfiler

Tank Profiler - fish tank monitoring made easy!

Beta 1 for the new image gallery. It uses AJAX and requires a 1024x768 or larger resolution to display properly. Let me know what you think please :D

PS: The "resend activation email" feature works now. It looks like A LOT of people are getting tripped up by not validating their accounts via the email that's sent.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007