Urgent Tank Overflow and Parameter Swing

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ryland, Dec 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Somehow my tank appears to be stable right now. Unless I am missing something I am optimistic I caught this fast enough that I might get away largely unaffected. Time will tell I have no doubt. The PH has dropped. Not to where I want it but its down. The ALK is steady at 11. Calcium levels are acceptable 550. A little lower would be preferred. The SG I will continue to bring up over the course of a few days. I am filling my ATO and getting things back on track. Hopefully the tank will level out. The only corals I can see any visual affects on is my Frilly Gorg and RBTA. The RBTA is not open and is hiding under a rock along a shelf. His mouth isnt hanging open or anything so surely he will pull through. The Acro I am having issues with continues its normal state. It is still slowly but surely losing tissue from its tips. I am not totally sure what to do with it at this point other than to get things stable again. If I were to break off the tips again and then place superglue on the tips would this stop the tissue loss? Is there anything anybody can suggest other than a few daily water changes to bring salinity up? Thanks