Urgent Tank lost power please help!!! **URGENT**

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ryland, Jan 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Okay..Hmm..thats not good, you need some current in the tank for it to keep heating up properly..Do you have a power head that isnt that strong in your DT that you could use possibly?

And 66 is still not KILLER, but if its raising little by little then that will be less stressful on the fish IMO.

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

No powerhead that wouldnt blow him clear out of the tank. So without some type of current on the heater it will raise the temp very slowly. 1 gallon bags of very hot water and let them float?

4. Zoanthids21

Dont do 1g bags, to smaller ones, like two or three.and if you can, create circulation with a spoon(that is clean!!) just stir it up a little so it can get equaly heated as much as possible.

5. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

IM on it

6. Zoanthids21

Good, that should heat it up better and a lil quicker..

7. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Sanwich baggy of hot water added and is floating. Leaving the lights off and I will stir gently every ten or so minutes. Thank you everybody for your input. I freaked out for a minute. I will let everybody know how it comes out.

8. Click Here!

9. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It's good you didn't take him out, I think that would have really stressed him out and probably would have killed him. Just let the heater do its job. 66 isn't too bad, it's cold, but for fish, he may be able to make it. I agree with stirring up the water though, without current, the heater will take much longer to heat up the tank and you will have warm and cold spots.

10. Zoanthids21

No problem! He should come out okay! i have had fish that come out of 60 degree water atleast 5 times haha, they always make it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Agreed. I thought taking him out would only make it worse. I give a lot of attention to stress. Thus, my quarantine is in my basement in my man cave tool room where only I go. And the kids today apparentley. :angry:

12. Zoanthids21

HAHA! those kids!! always gettin into our reef tanks(or QT's in this situation!)