Tank falling apart

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by chewbaca, Aug 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Great news for you! Now, pay close attention to the following:

:pics2:

:D

2. Click Here!

3. chewbaca

chewbaca Astrea Snail

Just picked up the new aquarium, very excited. Just worried about how long the cycle will take. Gonna use seeded sand, and add all my base rock to it. Has any one used bio spiro??

4. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

No, I'm not familiar with that. If you use your rock and a good amount of the old water it may not cycle at all, or if it does it should be pretty short.

5. chewbaca

chewbaca Astrea Snail

Lol lady j, I will get pics up tomorrow after work, :)

6. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Okey dokey. I'll be waiting... 8)

On a more serious note, and I forgot to say this: I truly am happy you found a different system and I'll bet it's going to be awesome. Your situation is one of those where you get a knot in your stomach and really, really hope everything is going to hold until you can transfer. Who knows, maybe it would have been fine for the next 15 years but that's just playing with fire. I reefed for many years and there are SO many things that can and do go wrong, so worrying about the tank exploding isn't something you even want to think about. Now you won't have to. :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  7. chewbaca

chewbaca Astrea Snail

Yes I have been a nervous wreck since this all started, and it's not the money that scares me so much, but I'm responsible for every living creature in that tank, and I don't want to kill them all.

8. Click Here!

9. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Bless you for feeling that way and I agree 100%. Last year my midas blenny jumped and I found him on the floor. Um, I was very upset. I also lost my huge, bright pink lobo to brown jelly disease and I was teary eyed. I kept thinking that if it had stayed in the ocean it probably would still be alive. Without trying to sound "preachy", I'd say that everyone I've ever talked to who runs any type of aquarium feels a sense of moral responsibility and possesses the integrity to try to do the best they can to maintain a healthy system. IMHO it's as it should be.

If you have time read the thread started by cosmo---I think it's called I Really Hate Humans Sometimes or something to that affect (it's in the bucket forum).

I can't wait to see your new system up and running. :) Now 2 of my friends here are starting a new tank: you and reefinjeff (Jeff is still looking for a different tank). Fun, fun, fun! ;D

I will watch for pics of your new system. ;)

10. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Hmmmmm..... no pics yet???? What must he be doing?!?!?!? Work???? Nahhhh. Work"ing" on his tank? Yes......very sneaky!

11. chewbaca

chewbaca Astrea Snail

Sorry will get pics up soon, the stand that came with the tank is home made, so bracing it up, the tank and sump are filthy,so busy busy busy.
    And lady j I have read that thread, was a very good thread!!

And aquariman, u are correct, I took the day off from work to work on the aquarium, lol I'm anxious

1 person likes this.
  12. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Ok, we'll quit getting so pushy regarding the pics. ;) How about in an hour though. :D j/k

cosmo's thread is good and I hope he gets the dog. However it works out I know that whoever gets him who will love and spoil him.

Good reason to take a day off of work. :)

Please keep us posted.

1 person likes this.