tank disaster

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by destinationluna, Jan 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

He said in previous post it's 115 gallons, that right?

2. Click Here!

3. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

my apologies must have missed that i just did a quick read over.

4. destinationluna

destinationluna Skunk Shrimp

115g and there are non copper meds. Have not seen any of them work ever from removing the ich parisite from a tank. The only true way to do it is to remove the fish from the tank treat them either via hypo or copper wait for the tank to run its cycle and return the treated fish to the tank. Only way I have read it can be done. Have tried alot of stuff in the tank and nothing worked but removing the fish!! At All

Non copper med IMO just put a bandaid on it. They either kill in a certain stage of the life cycle (Ich has multiple stages and can have it in your DT in multiple stages) so please if you have a treatment that is on the record for killing off all the stages leaving the tank completely ich free post it. But do refrain from doing that unless there is proof that people like me can read! UV is a good way to control the population of ich in its free floating stage but again will not kill off everything. Copper treatment on the other hand will kill all of it. but being is how there are nems, corals, ect in my tank and the fact that copper will taint the tank for good that is not an option here. All this is IMO and is by sure not fact. There might be other ways but none of them have worked for me. Quarentine seems like the best and always the way to go for me. Not the easiest or quick way but hey what is easy and or quick about this hobby?

Edit: Also Diet is a huge thing they have a balanced diet of mysis one day spectrum the next both I treat with Garlic & Selcon. To reduce stress I think is the best way to reduce Disease in the tank ect. Healthy Diet + Healthy Fish = No Disease