Resolved Tank BLew!!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by BoBo65, Jan 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Sorry to hear about this, I had my 120 develope a crack overnight and drained 100 gallons of water in like 5 hours, Woke up to your nightmare, scariest thing ive seen. If your ever in a quick bind for finding a quick tank to throw stuff into, I ended up using my bathtub. They are six feet long usually and pretty big so just dump as much water, powerheads and lr, and i had a quick make shift big tank. Unfortunately you saw the chip at first, you should have drained it that second, The slightest imperfection in the glass causes that area to be a weakspot. I know we want to say we can prob make it last. But from my lesson and this the tiniest chip will lead to disaster.

2. Click Here!

3. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

Makes me paranoid about the small hair scratches I have put in my glass with rock and stuff even though I am very cautious.

4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

My heart goes out to you brother!! That's tough. Sounds like you have it under control now.. but wow. You'll never forget this week as you look at your tanks down the road!

5. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

wow 100 gallons on the floor that is horrible, haha I love the bath tub idea, I'd probably be to worried about soap residue though, but I guess if you have no other option you gotta do whatcha gotta do! Oh yeah and I def learned my lesson, the thing that killz me, I was tearing down the tank in the morning because of that chip damn thing just didn't want to wait

Haha yeah I'll def be sleeping with one eye open when I get my next tank

Ha ain't that the truth I def won't be forgetting that anytime soon, oh and yeah I got everything under control now, I'm probably buying a 90 gallon tomorrow from a local reefer, so we will c :)

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

wow man, good thinking and congrats on salvaging what you could! i agree with the second poster on the mold! With the saltwater, its gonna be less of an issue! i like the thought of drilling to allow drainage, but if you can get the area sopped up with at least a shop vac, and then pull the carpeted area up and add a fan a dehumidifer, you'll be fine!as long as it doesn't stay wet for DAYS! And also living in vegas, the risk of mold wanes, just ope your windows and let the desert suck it dry! Good luck on the rebuild! watch for cracks!;)

7. AcidRayn

AcidRayn Astrea Snail

But didn't the live rock hurt your butt when YOU took a bath? It be kinda cool playin with the fishes though. Lol

8. Click Here!

9. Thor

Thor Coral Banded Shrimp

Ah man! Sorry to hear this BoBo, just when you were getting on a roll too. As everyone else has noted your triage skills were top notch though and hopefully you can transition everything back in quickly. Keep us posted!

10. silor

silor Sea Dragon

You'll be back up and running in a few days bro... I'll be over in the morning again so we can get the new tank drilled and plumbed ... Shoudnt take to long ... Get some rest tonight too :)

11. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Did you end up buy a new 75g at the store?

12. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

Thanks yeah I was finally happy with my tank, oh well. Somehow I was able to figure almost exactly what I had to do, it was kinda weird my adrenaline was pumpin so much I was just flying, took my over a half hour to realize I had been running around on rocks and getting stuff outside barefoot haha

Yezzir!! Sleep.... What is that? Haha oh yeah and I have been thinking about the game plan I think I have it figured out. First get tank, drill, paint, Silicone, plumb. I figure I can grill up some chicken or sumthin in between coats of paint. We should be done in no time, that way I can fill the tank by mon/ Tues at the latest :)

naw I had to work tonight I should be getting one in the morning