Tangs and Carrots

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Robman, Jul 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

North Yorkshire, England, Europe, Earth, Milkyway,
    If you want to feed your cats and dogs natural food then you need to feed them BARF (bones and raw feed) the stuff you buy in a tin/pouches isn't their natural diet, it's just processed crap even if it is specially formulated to meet your pets needs...

e.g. Koi food contains mostly wheat germ, which is a really good growth food for them but not exactly natural. It helps them grow quicker when mixed with other nutrients, it might not be natural but it is a good food source for them.

As long as your fish get a varied diet, it looks healthy then I don't see the problem with some supplements. It will still be getting some marine algae from it growing on rocks etc. As long as any food added is removed before it starts to rot it shouldn't pollute the tank.

2. Click Here!

3. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I don't understand your reasoning. You stopped feeding rods because it has broccoli and carrots in it which aren't part of a tropical fish's natural diet.

So you switched to omega one flake... which gets all of its ingredients from Alaska. Reef dwelling fish rarely snack on salmon and herring in the wild.

4. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Does that tang eat chihuahuas? I figure they're small enough. If so, I have $50 for it to take care of some light work....3lbs to be exact :shifty:

5. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

My foxface and yellow tang love nori and broccoli...

6. bama

bama Humpback Whale

my tang loves nori, broccoli, and GHA

7. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Are you kidding me? Deep breaths pal lol. so lets hear your facts?