tanganyikan compatibility

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by harrison, Jul 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

My frontosa actually just died yesterday. He was a 7 line frontosa and older than my first born who is 10 years old.

2. Click Here!

3. chumslickjon

Here's a picture of the big guy from 2 years ago.

[​IMG]

4. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Nice looking guy but kept in a very poor condition. They are not single animals and belong in groups and in a tank much larger than a 75gallon. They can be kept with some malawi fish but cyprichromis bodies are very thin and when the lights go out they tend to disappear around fronts

5. chumslickjon

Yeah, thanks. Unfortunately 11 years ago when I bought the tiny fish, I didn't have the experience to know that he'd need a 100 gallon tank or the means to research like we do now. So I did the best I could with the room I had. When I bought him I only had a 20 gallon long. I think he lived a very good life and he never ate any of my other fish. Actually more of the opposite, when fish would start battling, he'd break up the fight like he was some kind of peace keeper.

6. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

I had kind of a similar thing years ago with a PACU and cichlids. They would beat the crap out of each other if it were not for the oversized monster keeping the peace