Tang with itch as predicted.

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dskyers, Jun 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

do those two things and start up your QT and let it kinda cycle.. u just need to let some bacteria build up so it can handle the fish waste from the QTed fish

2. Click Here!

3. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

The 125 is dry just started the plumbing. Its about I'd say a month from water. This is my 30 its a yellow tang. But i thinks its really a blue but a baby. Its a inch at most. Not covered in spots but I camara see it its not really swimming either like when I first got it.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

4. saints fan 420

ok..honestly if it were my tank.. tomorrow i would get some prime and stability, the big bottles, will prolly be around 40$, but your gonna want some laying around when you start the 125..

add the prime and wait about 30 minutes and then add the stability...i read a long article about it..but a guy did this, and by waiting the 30 minutes gives the ammonia to break down, then by adding bacteria, the bacteria you just dosed has something to eat and start to populate or grow faster...

ill try and find the article if you want it..

5. saints fan 420

the way he did it basically utilized the stability as best as possible is what the whole article was getting at

adding prime will make your water non toxic, and adding the stability will add bacteria to eat the broken down ammonia faster, giving time to let that ammonia breakdown..

this may be confusing but it was a year or so ago

6. dskyers

Do u think I should do major water changes for next two weeks with all fish in the tank while I get a qt and let it cycle? Do u think that would work? Maybe it will get better by then.?

7. dskyers

So do i put this in my tank with fish and everything.

8. Click Here!

9. saints fan 420

dont do any waterchanges,, just use the prime and stability

the prime will instantly make your waters ammonia and nitrite levels not be toxic...

once you do this, get the QT ready... and keep it running.. your 30 should be done cycling by the time your QT is ready, if the fish still has ich, take it out and start running copper with it..wait 8 weeks, get your 125 done and cycled, and then transfer to 125

10. saints fan 420

yeah use prime/stability in the 30

11. dskyers

Great plan my man. Thank u very much. I can rest now with a plan. Thank u. Me and my fish thank u!

12. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

I'm not sure if you're housing invertebrates in that tank, but they don't tend to like copper treatments