Tang with itch as predicted.

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dskyers, Jun 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Omg that kinks basically says it is going to take about three months to fix this. Great. Sigh.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

i have a 40 breeder for my QT...i find it the best all around size..the cube gives it a good dim for the larger tangs and stuff that willl be QTed

and i also placed a few pieces of pvc for shelter..get all dif size pieces too, and use judgment for the length of them, larger fish need longer larger pieces of pvc and so on..

also get some copper med

once you put copper in that tank, it no longer can be used for anything but a QT

4. saints fan 420

yep,takes 8 weeks for the ich parasite to die in a fishless tank

5. dskyers

Wow. So guess I'm going to have to get a qt tank tommarow. And I think I'm going to do the 50 percent water change for.two weeks thing and see how that goes. And let this tank I guess go for the 8 weeks. By then my 125 will be cyclein . This really sucks. I think I should just make this the sump for the other tank while those fish get healthy. I dunno this sucks though.

6. saints fan 420

yeah, hope things go well with the fish, but now your in the right direction and sounds like your gonna do it right.. it does suck, but it could be worst..

7. dskyers

Yea. It does suck its depression lol damn it! I dunno what to do.

8. Click Here!

9. dskyers

So as I'm reading I'm realize the qt tank is going to take a while to cycle as well. So what do I do in the lean time. This fish was looked okay a few days ago. So I'm assuming its mild in the tank. Think I should take everything but my clowns out of tank. Maybe give them away. To lfs store and hope for the best in my 30 for next two months? Do fifty percent water changes every other day? What u think?

10. saints fan 420

what kind of tang is it??

ive only had one fish with ich ever..it survived, and i fed the heck out of the marine blend gel food made by ocean nutrition.. it was last resort, the fish wouldnt eat anything, no pellets, flakes, or homemade mash... bought it as a desperate action and it worked, the fish loved it and didnt let it make it to the bottom.. a week or so later he was fine, super fat and as healthy as could be.. now i feed my fish that stuff regularly.. all my fish love it, and its packed with vitamins.. maybe give it a shot

11. ghut300zx

ghut300zx Skunk Shrimp

do a water change too

12. saints fan 420

im kinda confused... which tank is cycling?? the 30 or the 125???

if your tank is cycling and you have fish in it, get some stability, you need to beef up your bacteria.. also get some prime, its binds the ammonia in the tank and makes the ammonia safe for the fish