Tang looks bloody

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by CommDiver, Sep 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CommDiver

CommDiver Plankton

also...damsils look fine and only spot is on the tangs tail.....hope its going to be ok

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Do you mean where would the test come from, or where would the ammonia burns come from?

4. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

The ammonia may have came from the blenny that disappeared? Do you have a cuc?

5. CommDiver

CommDiver Plankton

CUC??? The blenny isn't in the tank anymore....It may have jumped out an my dog ate it...don't know but its deffinetly not in the tank....an yeah i was wondering wher the Ammonia would of came from....I had removed a emmerald crab that died.....Thanks for all the help so far....

6. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Sorry Clean up crew, snail and what not? It would only take 3 or 4 days for his disappear if he died hiding in the rock work so that would cause a spike in ammonia. Just not sure if it would be enough to cause burns.

7. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

and if there is a cuc, he would disappear even quicker. lol. But there would be less of a spike in ammonia.

8. Click Here!

9. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

North Yorkshire, England, Europe, Earth, Milkyway,
    Even with a CUC there will probably be a spike in ammonia from the sudden increase in CUC waste. Measuring the ammonia now probably won't prove anything because bacteria would more than likely have converted it to other nutrients by now. Although it is good to have a check. I would recommend measuring nitrite and nitrate to get a better idea of whats going o with your chemistry.

10. CommDiver

CommDiver Plankton

Thanks for all the help....it is all gone now.....red spot went away......an again thanks for all the help

11. CommDiver

CommDiver Plankton

I have red and blue hermit crabs....and some snails.....and one peppermint shrimp