Tang buddy (Muso) has ICK.. 10 4 Tang buddy

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by pavelow360, Aug 20, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pavelow360

pavelow360 Feather Duster

well... didn't read this until after I brought it down to 1.018...

I might just go down to 1.009 tomorrow... would get me on the clock for the 4 week wait...

2. Click Here!

3. pavelow360

got the SG to 1.009... I read some more posts on PH... I never really mess with my PH except for testing every now and then... tested this Hypo salinity tank today and it appears to be at 7.8 according to the API test kit I am using... Do I need to adjust? opinions please... thanks

4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

I personally would try to get your PH back up to at least 8.1-8.2. But thats just me. I know some fish cant take the lower PH.

5. pavelow360

well i got some baking soda but no oven to bake it in... I live in a japanese house so all I have is a small broiler... any recommendations on how to go about baking this stuff?

6. pavelow360

Obsessed

well, I must be obsessed ... I am away for the weekend and set up a video camera to monitor my ich tank while I am away...lol

I am using yahoo messenger and the user name is fish.monitor ... any one can view if interested...lol

7. pavelow360

Stressed clown?

I still have the fish in low salinity (1009)... fishes appear to be stress free... I had a bout with high nitrites that I had to solve... seaweed appeared to drive it up through the roof... been doing frequent water changes to keep the nitrates in check... currently 10pp ... ammonia and nitrites are at 0... I am concerned about my maroon clown fish... he wasn't doing this until this the whole time he was in the tank but he is propping himself against the opening of a PVC pipe and the tank wall and just sitting still...he was doing this when I had high nitrite readings but then stopped when I changed the water out... he has now returned to this behavior even after the water changes and the tests reading 0; he also has what I thought were scales coming off near his left gill...but might appear to be some white tissue from his gill ? it doesn't appear to be coming from inside the gill flap but rather the white stripe area in front of the gill. Should I give him a formalin dip?

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Formalin is not recommended for fish with an open wound or lesion.

If you could provide a picture of your fish it may help narrow down some other type of treatment.

I would recheck the SG value with another measuring instrument.

Your fish sounds very stressed, I hope he pulls through. ;D

10. pavelow360

Good call on the formalin... I remember reading that before... not sure if its an open sore but I am not going to chance it

I checked the calibration on the refractometer I am using and it checks out good. I never thought to use a hydrometer to x check the refractometer... might do that for s***s and giggles

I have faith in ole Kyle, he will make it through! He has been through hell and back since I have owned him...

I attached some pics... although a couple are of the star of the thread who kept stealing the spot light, which I found out his name is gnuso, not muso... gn pronounced through the nose... lol, I can't say it...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  11. pavelow360

Well I started the journey back to getting the SG up to normal... only went up to 1010, will do another water change tonight... was trying to get it to 1011 but it didnt work out...

more pix here of my maroon's issue

Attached Files:

12. pavelow360

Ick free Gnuso

just a pic of Tang Buddy Gnuso (means lips in tagalog) GF names my fish, what can I say... lol

Attached Files: