Taking the Rapid Plunge! (Light mounted with FTS!)

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by insanespain, Sep 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

LOL. Looks good man. You figure out the pattern your gonna go with yet for placement?

2. Click Here!

3. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

No, I havent figured out what pattern I'm using yet. I'm going to have the engineer at work draw up some templates in cad.

I just ordered the Typhoon led controller from boostLED. I will have to give it a review when I get it. Hopefully I can end up modding the program and add stuff like a temperature sensor and provisions to turn my ATS lights on and off.

4. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Awesome!!!!! I didnt know about the Typhoon controller, sounds bada$$ as well!! Only if I went with PWM, Id be all over Arduino. Now I gotta get my $hit together and re-DIY my LED..

5. insanespain

I'm not really so sure that its not possible to run an ELN-60-48D off of the typhoon with some slight mods to the code. I know there are a few guys on RC running 48D's off of arudinos. I havent seen anyone have trouble with their drivers yet. The only thing is that you have to mod the code and do bigger steps when fading up and down so it will not be as smooth as a PWM driver, and I beleive the "D" drivers can not dim down as low before the shut off.

6. insanespain

Well the Typhoon arrived today! Upon unboxing it and powering it up, I'm pretty impressed with the unit for the price. Very nice compact setup. Comes with a power adapter that is plug and play, as well as 2 pin connectors that are also plug and play for connecting your drivers. One thing that I didnt like is that there are no extra holes in the board or anywhere on the device that allow you to mount it. The 4 holes on the Typhoon board are used up to mount the display. The plus side is that the display looks like it can be removed from the board and remote mounted, which I will probably end up doing.

[​IMG]

7. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Start building already!

8. Click Here!

9. insanespain

LED's Mounted

Nice evening of watching football and mounting leds. Was super easy with the template I had my uncle layout in cad for me. All of the leds are mounted now, just gotta pick up some wire tomorrow so I can solder them all up. What are people using to glue the optics on with? I think I saw somewhere that you shouldnt use super glue because it fogs the lenses up. Anyways, here ya go....

Hard to see the template...

[​IMG]

Precisely marked.....

[​IMG]

Labled so I dont get confused :)

[​IMG]

Cool Whites....

[​IMG]

And finished...

[​IMG]

10. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Looks really nice. Gonna be a great set up when its all said and done.

11. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

really coming along great..cant wait to see this bad boy light up..

12. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

nice looking setup, did you have to drill the heatsink?