tahiti maxima clam (asking for opinions and advice)

Discussion in 'Clams' started by ihigh, Aug 15, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I would. From my experience as well as reading it will create a far less stressful situation. Any maxima I put on the sandbed would move around until it found a rock or got too stressed to move.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

My crocea prefers rock but my 3 maximas, 2 deresas and squamosa prefers sand. Your gonna have to see what it personally likes. No living creature will act the same. I could buy another maxima and it prefer a rock even though my other 3 like sand. I'm giving you info from looking in my tank as I type. Buy one and find out.

4. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Just curious, anyone that has clams on the sandbed have nassarius snails? If so, any problems with the snails and Clam?

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I wouldnt risk it at all. I only have cerith and turbos in my tank. My friend was sold a nassairus snail and they were something else that were meat eaters. Demolished his tank as he put 10 in there. Looked just like a nass. I say to much risk buddy

6. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

I personally have about 20 Nass snails and a nice clam growing away on the sand bed over the past couple years with no issues.

7. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

actually funny you mention this, i recently bought some epoxy from aquarium solutions and in their little instruction manual they mention making an epoxy base for the foot of the clam to attach, this is to avoid bristle worms "eating it from the inside" on the sand bed…. never thought or knew of this….so yea just thought id share