T5s Q&A

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Dr.Fragenstein, Nov 22, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Runninglite

Runninglite Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Would like some Help;)

Goodmorning guys have a question and would really like some advise. I have a 72 bowfront,it came with Marinland led reef 48 and 2 54 ho aquatic life canopy.
    Its a reef tank and with some fish but would like to add some nice Corals. Is my lighting situation doable or should i consider spending mo money, mo money,mo money;-
    :confused:

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

The lighting you have should work for all corals as long as you keep you SPS on top of the rocks and use top of the line bulbs such as ATI and Geisemann.

4. Runninglite

Runninglite Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Thank you, i m Very excited to get back into the aquarium mode:)

5. CBRrider

CBRrider Plankton

Hi there,

I am currently running an Aqua Reef 300, which I have been running for the past year and a half. For those who dont know the setup, it comes with x4 T5's as standard (×2 white and ×2 blue). I have put an additional x2 T5 Arcadia Actinics (on advise from the LFS) onto the system, on a seperate timed circuit. Following this advice, I have struggled to achieve good coral growth. On reading many of the threads online, I feel that my lighting may not be up to PAR (excuse the pun!).

I have decided I want to go for the D-D Giesemann T5 HO bulbs throughout and have been advised by the LFS to have the following setup:

×4 D-D powerchrome actinic +
    ×2 D-D powerchrome pure actinic

Looking at the threads, I feel that this will be far to blue and will subsequently overpower any other colours. Yes I am aware the sea is naturally blue, but I want to show off the other colours of any future coral additions. I am looking for a natural light look, with a nice blue accent.

Please can someone advise me on the best x6 bulb setup from the D-D range and also which order would be best, front to back? Note: the third and sixth bulb from the front can be on a seperate time circuit, or obviously I can have all x6 bulbs on at once!

Thank you very much for any assistance!